• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Injectin Pump needed

Mike_Pop

Where can I get a rebuilt injection pump for my M1009? I priced a rebuilt from my parts supplier and they came back with one for $450.

Thanks!

sermis

Try Trey's fuel injection
2718 Lavendusky Dr
Temple, TX 76501
(254) 770-3401

They treated me right on mine. I took them a 6.2 core and they gave me back a 6.5 rebuilt.

Mike_Pop

I want something more local. I don't want to waste time shipping mine out since I use the truck on a daily basis.

Mike_Pop

I want instant gratification. I don't want to deal with a company in Texas. How about something on the east coast?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any Stanadne auth injection dealer can do the 6.2 pumps. Most have many in stock ready to swap out. If you are anywhere near a medium sized city, there will be an injection shop somewhere near by.

Mike_Pop

Thanks Kenny. I just thought there would be a quick source for the pump here on SS. As I said above, I can get one but it will be about $450, that includes swapping my core. The only diesel place around here is very expensive when it comes to service. I'd rather jut get a rebuilt and install it myself. It's only a couple hour job to do.

JohnFire

so what you are saying is since I have already put a turbo on it would be better to get a 6.5L one. I do want to get good fuel mileage too. One of the reasons I am doing the pump in the first place since I used to get 20+mpg now it is less than 16mpg.

Mike_Pop

One of the reasons I am doing the pump in the first place since I used to get 20+mpg now it is less than 16mpg.
That's the same reason I want to change my IP. I am only getting around15mpg and it is slow when taking off, even slower with a trailer. Also, the exhaust is smoking, a typical sign of a worn IP.

CCATLETT1984

Since you have a turbo get the 6.5L mechanical pump. Also I'd pull your injectors and have them calibrated for the higher pop pressures the new pump will put out. Also have the nozzles checked, if they need replacing use ONLY Bosch tips.

JohnFire

Ok I was going to have one of the local mechanics I know take care of this for me. How difficult is it to do myself if I got the IP and injectors from a place like Trey's. What would i need to have them take care of for me to make sure they are calibrated right. Should I also expect to get good fuel mileage with the 6.5L IP and turbo setup. I never really gained anything when I had the turbo put on other than some power. My main drive to get this done is still the fuel mileage. With the rise in fuel costs it now seems to be worth spending the money on getting this done.

Mike_Pop

THANKS FOR HIJACKING MY THREAD EVERYONE.

None of your b.s. helps me locate an IP for my M1009 and as usual, threads go off on a tangent. It's no wonder why I don't post as much as I used to anymore.

JohnFire

Sorry about that Mike, I saw that we were in the same situation and jumped in. I didn't mean to Hijack your thread and thought it would be redundant to add another IP thread while there was one running. I will do that in the future on other questions I have as to not hijack someones thread. I am more used to no one answering mine. I had done lots of price searching in the past for IP's and $450 is a decent price from what I had seen. I am thinking that the place in TX might be able to help both of us out and ship a replacement before we send our originals to them. I am going to call there next week to find out myself. I too use mine daily as you do, since I only own the M1009 and the motorcycle. The 1028 I have is not licensed and registered so I can't drive that one. Once again I am sorry for jumping on your thread.

Mike_Pop

Mike, go to a shop and get one.
If you want one on a shelf somewhere call saturn surplus. I have a spare and am hording it.
Try posting a WANT ad in the classifieds section
Thanks for the tip. That's all I needed was an idea of where to shop around for one. I would have posted in the want ads but I'd like to get a pump ASAP.

someone call a wahmbulance.... sheesh...
K10A: Why don't you go **** yourself.
If you don't like the word that the sensorship put in, then I will send you a PM with the expletive that I used.

JOHNFIRE: Thanks. :lol: