• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 into a nice daily driver.

84cucv1ton

what else would you do? so far we have:

CD player and speakers.
1990 700r4 w/ wiring,computer and np241
radiator support. thats just for looks
whole interior of a 1990 k5.

any other ideas to make it a good daily driver thanks

jag7720

Get in it a drive it and save your money and time... I don't think you need any of that stuff. Mine is a daily as is... in fact, mine doesn't even have the floor mat and I love it.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put 2000 miles on mine in the last 2 weeks - 1100 of it in 2 days - stone cold stock with no floor mat either. I actually just sold it but the next one will be the same only with an A/C kit in it. What's the fun of making it like a new vehicle? Might as well drive a SMART car if you're going to do that.

shamilton333

god do i hate smart cars... and priuses

add a sunroof.... with a hacksaw. nah, but seriously... add the sliding windows instead of the stationary ones.

jag7720

I found them on craig's list. Paid $100. The guy thought they were after market tinted...

They were easy to install after guys on the list helped me realize that there is a "lock" band that is in the main window gasket that needs to be removed so the window can go in.

Even if they weren't factory tinted I would have paid $100 for them. In fact they seller told me they were "after market tinted" and needed to be re-done because there was a little bubbling in on of the corners of one of the windows.

Last edited:

shamilton333

oh okay. this is pretty cool.... was there any specific size or part number that could help to identify these?

also, as an addition to a blazer you could add one of those sun vizors above the windshield. i think that those add something cool to the look of a good truck.

AJMBLAZER

Those vent visors are also a great way to make a square, un-aerodynamic truck even more drag inducing.

They were great in the era of fluorescent suspension components and 16 shocks with 14" of lift but they serve no purpose other than to eat up mpg's.

jag7720

I think, and they guy said the same thing, that the shell on the blazer didn't change from the late 70's to the early 90's.... but don't quote me.

AJMBLAZER

76-91 all used the same half cab top. 73-75 had the full cab top but the same overall body style. 69-72 was the original body style.

jag7720

I tried to paint the aluminum frame but it didn't take. Prolly because I didn't sand it... and I didn't want to spend the time doing that....it takes a bit of getting used to... and well worth it.

shamilton333

speaking of paint, how would one go about painting an m1009... would regular spray paint work? somehow i think that wouldn't....

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks