• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Little Red Riding Hood.

Sezzo

View attachment 908728View attachment 908729View attachment 908728View attachment 908729

I cleaned the tailgate markings on mine the best I could. On the drivers side it was marked with four different unit markings during service. The second marking which was marked over twice says 708 B1 413. The drinker side says HHC 3 and above that B-1.
Some progress on the military markings. There are four layers of markings and I wanted to preserve all of them. Three are readable already and identify the unit the M1009 was in service.

IMG_5706.jpeg

cucvrus

I can think of no reason why I could not put the wheels and tires back on my M1009 project. It is basically in my way at this point, and I am afraid to work in my shop. I have a few small tractors that need to be maintained before putting them away for the winter. Ho I wish I had an open bay that I could put my M1009 project in to weather the winter. I am going to give some thought as to pulling it out by the rear pintle and pushing it back into the center bay. Risky but I think I can do it if I set myself up and get the center bay cleaned out. Winter is here and there is nothing I can do to change that. The things I need to do to get Little Red back together require some warmth. By the time I get the shop warm it is time to rest for the day. Spring will be here before we all know it and the vehicle is still in a state of suspended animation untouched by the weathers of time. Take Care and Happy Holidays.

cucvrus

I guess I better think about getting the steering and brakes back to operational and if I go that far I may as well throw in the harness and get it started and drive it over under its own power. That seems to be a reasonable goal to work towards. Then the long winters nap.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am WNY and it has been the same here upper 40's low 50's If this climate change , it's OK . Nice not to take the JD out of the barn and plow snow !!! The only problem with this is , given a cold snap in January or February and with the lake not frozen it could get really ugly !!! DOT drivers are complaining that they a not getting their snow money !!!!LOL d7d10dac-11ba-431e-b4c5-430bb8ce3433.jpg

cucvrus

Good time to stop for the day. No use over doing it.
IMG_0760.jpeg Under hood brake hydro boost is all reattached.
IMG_0758.jpegI have the left vent and E brake all hooked up and attached.

IMG_0757.jpeg
I think that is enough for 1 day. I currently only have wood heat in my home and need to fire up the boiler. All the pedals are back in place. Anything is a plus at this point. I am meticulous in my reassembly. Thank you for looking. I hope to get the harness down here tomorrow. No rush. If the weather holds out I will be here working. I have lots of outside work. I am converting to propane heat. Still going to burn wood but need a primary heat source. Oil is going by the wayside. Happy New Year.
IMG_0759.jpeg

Last edited: