• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Little Red Riding Hood.

Sezzo

View attachment 908728View attachment 908729View attachment 908728View attachment 908729

I cleaned the tailgate markings on mine the best I could. On the drivers side it was marked with four different unit markings during service. The second marking which was marked over twice says 708 B1 413. The drinker side says HHC 3 and above that B-1.
Some progress on the military markings. There are four layers of markings and I wanted to preserve all of them. Three are readable already and identify the unit the M1009 was in service.

IMG_5706.jpeg

cucvrus

I can think of no reason why I could not put the wheels and tires back on my M1009 project. It is basically in my way at this point, and I am afraid to work in my shop. I have a few small tractors that need to be maintained before putting them away for the winter. Ho I wish I had an open bay that I could put my M1009 project in to weather the winter. I am going to give some thought as to pulling it out by the rear pintle and pushing it back into the center bay. Risky but I think I can do it if I set myself up and get the center bay cleaned out. Winter is here and there is nothing I can do to change that. The things I need to do to get Little Red back together require some warmth. By the time I get the shop warm it is time to rest for the day. Spring will be here before we all know it and the vehicle is still in a state of suspended animation untouched by the weathers of time. Take Care and Happy Holidays.

cucvrus

I guess I better think about getting the steering and brakes back to operational and if I go that far I may as well throw in the harness and get it started and drive it over under its own power. That seems to be a reasonable goal to work towards. Then the long winters nap.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am WNY and it has been the same here upper 40's low 50's If this climate change , it's OK . Nice not to take the JD out of the barn and plow snow !!! The only problem with this is , given a cold snap in January or February and with the lake not frozen it could get really ugly !!! DOT drivers are complaining that they a not getting their snow money !!!!LOL d7d10dac-11ba-431e-b4c5-430bb8ce3433.jpg

cucvrus

Good time to stop for the day. No use over doing it.
IMG_0760.jpeg Under hood brake hydro boost is all reattached.
IMG_0758.jpegI have the left vent and E brake all hooked up and attached.

IMG_0757.jpeg
I think that is enough for 1 day. I currently only have wood heat in my home and need to fire up the boiler. All the pedals are back in place. Anything is a plus at this point. I am meticulous in my reassembly. Thank you for looking. I hope to get the harness down here tomorrow. No rush. If the weather holds out I will be here working. I have lots of outside work. I am converting to propane heat. Still going to burn wood but need a primary heat source. Oil is going by the wayside. Happy New Year.
IMG_0759.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks