• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 newby questions

elfraz

I just got my M1009 home today. It has been sitting for atleast 2-3months. However there was enough juice in the batteries to get it to turn over. I am charging the batteries now. Does anyone have any specfic tips for getting this thing fired up. I am new to MVs and diesals. Any help would be appreciated.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the time to go through the CUCV TM and follow the maintenance checks. I would also check the starter bolts to make sure they are torqued correctly. After having to spend hours trying to get a drill into one and then use an easy-out you'd regret not checking them now.

Then enjoy. These things have a turning radius of a vehicle half their size and are just plain enjoyable to run around in.

cjkoschnick

Batteries-

I just picked up my 1009 a few weeks ago and drove it after jumping it at my starting point. I tried to restart it at home after the 5 hour drive (hoping the batteries would charge on the way back) but it would not do it on it's own. I took both batteries in to be tested and one of them was trash. I kept one battery for a backup and replaced both in the truck with new 1000 CCA batteries that work great.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks