• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1009 newby questions

elfraz

I just got my M1009 home today. It has been sitting for atleast 2-3months. However there was enough juice in the batteries to get it to turn over. I am charging the batteries now. Does anyone have any specfic tips for getting this thing fired up. I am new to MVs and diesals. Any help would be appreciated.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take the time to go through the CUCV TM and follow the maintenance checks. I would also check the starter bolts to make sure they are torqued correctly. After having to spend hours trying to get a drill into one and then use an easy-out you'd regret not checking them now.

Then enjoy. These things have a turning radius of a vehicle half their size and are just plain enjoyable to run around in.

cjkoschnick

Batteries-

I just picked up my 1009 a few weeks ago and drove it after jumping it at my starting point. I tried to restart it at home after the 5 hour drive (hoping the batteries would charge on the way back) but it would not do it on it's own. I took both batteries in to be tested and one of them was trash. I kept one battery for a backup and replaced both in the truck with new 1000 CCA batteries that work great.