• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 or regular blazer?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
What are the telltale signs that a vehicls is a M1009 vs a normal blazer of the same year? Would a M1009 have "Blazer" emblems on the fenders and steering wheel? Any tips appreciated as I found one at a local lot that looks to ny untrained eye like a normal blazer painted green. However it has various parts that look to be military. Thanks.

salt6

Look under the hood, two batteries and two alternators odds are good its a CUCV.

Look on the front grill for a bridge plate, slave port and blackout light. Also blackout markers in the bumper.

Last edited:

jeeplvr247

Also look in the bumpers for blackout lights and the blackout switch on the dash. The will also be rifle holders behind the drivers seat and a grill guard. If all that has been removed look at the VIN, there is a thread somewhere on the site that shows what all the digits mean.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Thanks. I should have clarified, from the outside as it is in a locked storage lot. I left a message for the guy but no callback yet.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Does the vin on a cucv always have a J in the 8th position? I think I found this truck listed somewhere else but it has a C in the 8th position. Gas?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
This is the pic I found, pretty sure this is the same truck. Maybe they changed the bumper?

Edit: Guy called me and said its a diesel, then his Phone gave out. I just want to be sure its a CUCV and not something else lol. Then he calls back and confirms its 24 volt, but no slave hookups on the front. This guy seems to know nothing really. Will go take pics and post back.

Attachments

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It should have a military data plate on drivers door . It looks as though the tailgate has been replaced with civy , no chrome on CUCV's .

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
I thought the same with it having the blazer logo on the fender. Did the civilian diesel blazer have a 24 volt system?

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree - it's more than likely a civilian. How much is the guy asking for the truck? If he doesn't know what he has, you might be able to pick this truck up for a good price and use it for parts.

EDIT: Where in Central FL is it located?

Last edited:

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
1100, runs 60K on it. Swears it is 24 volts though. Maybe at some point someone used lots of civilian donor parts? If I can get more pics I will, else I will go look at it tomorrow.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
In addition to the red button, what is the giant port looking thing to the left of the glove compartment?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the VIN number. You can tell for sure that way.

Looks to me that it might be a government vehicle but not an original CUCV. Need more pics to be able to tell for sure.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The plug by the glove box is not original. Nor is the red button but I'd bet its a manual glow plug button. I don't see the STE/ICE plug either. Gonna need more info/pics to be sure.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the 5th digit in the vin is a "D" it was built for the military.
All the other issues could have just been the result of swapped parts over the years.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Ahhh in that case 1100 is likely not worth it for a non green machine. Thanks for helping me figure all that out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks