• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Tie rod bar conversion using dana 60 parts

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time for a trip to the salvage yard.
Then just buy the new ends.
MOOG, ACDELCO, Etc are quality parts

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The correct terminology can be sourced in the parts TM, as well as the correct GM part number.

Chaski

That would be a tie rod. The tie rod ties the left to the right wheel. The drag link ties the pitman to the steering arm.

Moog part numbers below, can be had from Rock Auto for a very reasonable price.

MOOGDS905
MOOG ES2011R
MOOG ES2012S

EDIT! ABOVE PART NUMBERS ARE FOR A DANA 60... Not a 10 bolt, not correct for a M1009 with stock axles.

Last edited:
That would be a tie rod. The tie rod ties the left to the right wheel. The drag link ties the pitman to the steering arm.

Moog part numbers below, can be had from Rock Auto for a very reasonable price.

MOOGDS905
MOOG ES2011R
MOOG ES2012S
excellent thank you. Do you know if these are quality parts I can rely on?

Chaski

DOH!
Those part numbers are for a Dana 60. Null and void for your ride. As far as the Moog stuff goes, it seems to work well for me.

Clearly the sensible thing to do is to use the bent tie rod as an excuse to do your axle swap.

Last edited:
DOH!
Those part numbers are for a Dana 60. Null and void for your ride. As far as the Moog stuff goes, it seems to work well for me.

Clearly the sensible thing to do is to use the bent tie rod as an excuse to do your axle swap.
yeah I know but the axels I had my hands on are looking like they won't be a cost effective acquisition. So who knows how long it'll take me to find the next set!

Chaski

At least the good news is that your local self service wrecking yard should have a tie rod for you since there is about a zillion gm 10 bolt front axles out there.

Still hoping someone can chime in with an aftermarket option for me. The local salvage guys are pretty bad around here. The GM part number returns nothing 14026804.

Kaiser67M715

Off road design, they have several options for hd steering linkage, might be the thing to invest in if you do more off-roading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks