• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Walker Exhaust

Rangie

Hi Folks,

The exhaust system on my M1009 is rotten and I've been exploring options.

I see Summit do what looks like a good kit [WLK-89005], thinking to pair with a couple of Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers [WLK-17731].
Anyone fitted an 89005 kit? How good a match for the headers/collectors?

I don't mind a bit of fine tuning as long as its not way out! Its gonna be shipped over to the UK.

Thanks,
Alec.

Mad Texan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi Folks,

The exhaust system on my M1009 is rotten and I've been exploring options.

I see Summit do what looks like a good kit [WLK-89005], thinking to pair with a couple of Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers [WLK-17731].
Anyone fitted an 89005 kit? How good a match for the headers/collectors?

I don't mind a bit of fine tuning as long as its not way out! Its gonna be shipped over to the UK.

Thanks,
Alec.
One issue I see with the system you have shown is it's for header back. If you have the 6.2 with stock manifolds you want a manifold back system.

ehuppert

IMHO and past experience.... The last universal kit i bought for my M1008/SBC/headers did not fit well at all. Right headpipe did not clear the transfer case and one of the tailpipes was unusable do to fitment! Ended up spending more time making it fit than it would have taken to bend new section up! And, only lasted several years as the pipe was pretty thin!

My recommendation would be to purchase the walker head pipes (still available 46631, 46632), put mufflers of your liking on and have tailpipes fabricated. (No longer available from walker)

None of the replacement exhaust lasts as long as the OEM!

2INSANE

You are in luck! I have a custom 3” dual exhaust system with flow master mufflers I will be selling because I am doing a turbo with 4” pipes. $250+ shipping. Can cut it up which will be cheaper freight or ship as a whole(More expensive) Pm me if interested

Oh yea comes with tips and think it is stainless with no machine bends. I paid $1000 for it...

View pics
3” from manifold to back tires

It sounds sick and turns heads every time;-)

Attachments

Last edited:

ehuppert

Still a valid part number, but looks like no longer available. This was a few years ago and at that time they were available....

vanaisa

Well, exhaust on my 1009 is in in extremely bad condition after this winter. As Walker products (46631, 46632) are discontinued, i probably must make my own, welding different bends (no this diameter pipe benders here). Everything from front to rear.
Is there any benefits to add crossover or H pipe?
6.2 is like it is, not going to races, only woods, rural (bad) roads and some highway driving.
Used many years 33" MT tires but this winter i put 31" stud ones on and was surprised much peppier behavior :) Maybe put summer tires 31" too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks