• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 Water Pump

Racallahan1

It's a new Bosch water pump. It looks to be the same as the old water pump. I think there were some imperfections in the casting that caused it to rub on the balancer. Ground a little of that away and it seems to fit better. At least now the holes line up and it seems to be off of the balancer.

Thanks for the responses. I will double check everything as you recommend before I go further. It won't hurt to be overly cautious.

Racallahan1

Wow, hard to believe it took me five months to get around to finishing up that repair. I finally got everything buttoned back up, and started the engine to get the fluid flowing. Thanks for your help. I ended up getting a Fel-Pro gasket and used Permatex High Tack gasket sealant in between. Seems to be working well so far.

I tried to post a video of the Blazer running, but the Tapatalk app won't let me. Thought maybe y'all would like some civvy Diesel Blazer ****. Lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks