• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M101A2-A3. Best Overall Military Trailer Ever??

two.fiveM35

I've been looking at a m101 style trailer for sale for $350 in my area. I'm not sure which one it is (a2, a3, etc). I have a few quick questions, since we're talking about which trailer is the best:

1) Can you pull an m101 behind a v6 Toyota Tacoma that tows 6,500 lbs? I am looking for a cool trailer for getting mulch a few times a year, picking up appliances, etc. I would only drive it around town at 30-45mph.

2) Can you move the m416 or the m101 by hand on a level concrete surface, or are they both too heavy?

Forgive me if these are dumb questions. I've just started looking at obtaining a military trailer this week.
Shouldn't be a problem, I have pulled mine with a 4Runner with no problem. And it's light enough you can move them around by hand

tobyS

This thread assumes the trailer can be pulled by a civilian vehicle. My M1061 is really handy around the farm.

Attachments

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They make forged ones that are very strong. No open end.
I have found that those your using tend to bend rather easily.
Used them on the ranch for different projects.
Good idea on placement.

I would suggest using a lock nut or washer on yours.
Doesn't look like either one is used.

That sprayed in bed liner looks good.
I fully agree with you on eye bolts and turnbuckle. In fact these particular turnbuckles are aluminum. This was all that was available locally and I wanted to mock up to to verify fit. I ordered some cast ones, just haven't received yet.

Added MRAP step so I can climb up on top of shelter easier.
IMG_0636.jpg IMG_0635.jpg

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has the surplus supply of these dried up?
Almost nothing coming to auction lately.

Figures
I want one more M101A2 and a M105A3 and now selection is extremely limited to nonexistent.

Wonder how many are left.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have 20 or so for sale
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I can find them all day long at retail prices.
No thanks, don't need one that bad.

I meant GP/GSA surplus sales.

Pefer my rolling stock straight from Govt.

Ozzmosis

We have 20 or so for sale

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Hi CSM Davis,

I had been given your information yesterday evening by another member on here. I live in West Hattiesburg and I’m looking for a M101-A2. I hope you still have some of those 20 or so you mentioned last August. I’ll give you a call sometime today.

Thanks,

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems like the auction supply of surplus M101A2/3s have completely dried up.
Haven't seen any at GP auction for quite a while now.

Yes they are still available from private sellers and expensive at that.
Supply and demand at its finest.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks