• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1025A2 Question

Snohomie

I bought one of these 1025a2s, and i couldnt be happier. I love the Rod hall Suspension, which actually appears to raise the vehicle about 2 additional inches over stock. It also handles and drives amazing with no hesitation to overcoming any obstacles I've yet encountered, not to mention the huge springs, and oversized remote reservoir shocks just look absolutely as amazing as they preform. Eastern made it clear what would and wouldn't be included in the base price, at the time I was on a budget, so that was fine with me. They weren't sneaky or anything, they listed everything up front. They have great customer service people that can answer any of your questions, and help make sure you get exactly what you are wanting and expecting, no surprises at all. I have to say, I'm very pleased and satisfied with my truck, and experience with Eastern Surplus. You getb a good running, mechanically sound 1025a2, with a title. That takes all the guess work and doubt out of buying one. In the end its up to the individual as far as to exactly what they are wanting out of one of these trucks, but I am glad I went this route, and I love my truck! I would do it all over again. In fact, I am planning to. Hopefully by the end of the month, I will be buying my second one from them. Obviously they are doing something right.
I did the same…. The suspension is insane. You may think you c GC an build this yourself, you can’t.

huge remote reservoir shocks up front and 4 huge shocks with remote reservoirs out back.

pure hmmwv turned “trophy truck”

Get one while they exist.

Attachments

thoner7

Do these variants have the 12k halfshafts and portal boxes? Can't seem to find that info. They are the heavier 10,300 gvwr like the m1123 and I believe all those have the 12k halfshafts.

I'm looking into more info on these as their price seems to be quite good these days.

Snohomie

Do these variants have the 12k halfshafts and portal boxes? Can't seem to find that info. They are the heavier 10,300 gvwr like the m1123 and I believe all those have the 12k halfshafts.

I'm looking into more info on these as their price seems to be quite good these days.
Yes.
You tell easily which variety has which by the spare parts catalog on AM General’s website.

the unique parts are in the custom shocks ,modified rear lower a-arms (for the 2 additional shocks in the rear), and pitman arms.

it seems parts direct from am general are about the same pricing as surplus.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter

All A2 and newer trucks will have 12k halfshafts. So if it was manufactured with a 4 speed transmission, then it has 12k shafts (though there is more than one type of 12k shaft)
The 3 speed trucks use 7 or 10k shafts (interchangeable)

thoner7

Very cool, thanks. I had thought the 12k shafts were not as common.

These seem like a very nice variant.

thoner7

Yes.
You tell easily which variety has which by the spare parts catalog on AM General’s website.

the unique parts are in the custom shocks ,modified rear lower a-arms (for the 2 additional shocks in the rear), and pitman arms.

it seems parts direct from am general are about the same pricing as surplus.

Unique pitman arm? Is that with the heavier gearbox?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did the same…. The suspension is insane. You may think you c GC an build this yourself, you can’t.

huge remote reservoir shocks up front and 4 huge shocks with remote reservoirs out back.

pure hmmwv turned “trophy truck”

Get one while they exist.
It looks like you have a failed half shaft.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks