• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1028/700r4 swap

barry0307

just had to post that I just finished my 700r4 swap. I love driving it. built the tranny myself. its hitting pretty hard but I must say not as hard as the 400-using a light switch for my lockup.gotta be carefull.got a bm 70244 kit on the way-great deal of satisfaction-god bless yuns all-barry in the sw of pa

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That R4 makes a world of difference with the truck, doesn't it? I did my m1031 last year, and I love it.

cliffyp

How did you set your TV cable? Hard hitting shifts can be because the cable isn't set right. It really needs to be set with a pressure gauge attached. Better to err on the hard side than the soft side though. Enjoy the 700r4, it makes it a whole new truck!

barry0307

yes cliff,i did use a pressure gauge too set tv cable-pressure starts to increase at the slightest amount of throttle-when I said it hits hard ,that's when I do a near full throttle kick down-its doin fine-luv drivin it-

cliffyp

Mine was around $1,000 maybe a bit over. I rebuilt it and installed myself. Without labor costs it made it a lot easier to go for all the updated components to make the 700r4 hold up without worry.

barry0307

I bought a 1200 stall-furnace brazed lockup unit from PACT transmission-300 bucks-its a big difference-a pleasure to drive nattie-i built my tranny myself also-built it pretty hard-tranny rebuild cost about350,400-pluss 300 for tc,100 bucks for tv bracket and cable-60 bucks for the 663 crossmember support-140 for the bm 70244 lockup kit---yea about 1000 ,1100

Iceman3005

I bought a 1200 stall-furnace brazed lockup unit from PACT transmission-300 bucks-its a big difference-a pleasure to drive nattie-i built my tranny myself also-built it pretty hard-tranny rebuild cost about350,400-pluss 300 for tc,100 bucks for tv bracket and cable-60 bucks for the 663 crossmember support-140 for the bm 70244 lockup kit---yea about 1000 ,1100

PATC 1200 stall torque convertors is also what I use for all my customers 700r4 builds, been a great company to work with and never have had any problems with there products!!!!!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No kit.You have to source the parts yourself. The hardest part to find is the Throttle Valve linkage. Only used on the diesel engines. They can sometimes be found on fleabay for $100. I have been lucky to pick up a couple at the salvage yard for just a few bucks.

O.D. Fever

My 2 cents. I talked to my local tranny shop and the would do it to my 1031, beef up the tranny and provide the adaptors and labor for 2500.00. Not to bad for having it done. Its a company truck. I try not to work on company trucks, I am not allowed to pay my own labor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks