• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1028 Small Lift Build

Winston Wolf

I just tried to copy this lift project, however it did not turn out exactly like the original posters.

The best price I could find (delivered) on the springs was from Summit, so I ordered the front springs from them, (Tuff Country EZ-Ride Heavy-Duty Leaf Springs 18271) along with the correct U-bolts to use the factory M1028 overloads, with the factory mounting bracket that goes below the axle. (Superlift U-Bolt Kits 11104)

I ordered the 1" Add-A-Leaf's from ORD, and I also got their front Ubolt kit for the Dana 60, part number GU37051.

When I installed the front springs, it actually added 4" of lift to my front end. There was no way the 1" blocks in the rear were going to be even close to level. I don't know if my rear springs were just saggy, or what. But I ended up getting some 2" canted steel lift blocks from NAPA, part number BK8272660. They didn't have blocks without the U-Bolts that weren't aluminum, so I spent money on u-bolts I can't use... The 2" blocks got it to sit exactly level.

The front shocks were also now too short, so I ended up getting some Rancho 5000's, part number RS5001. The rear shocks I reused.

I'm just waiting on new stock style wheels to come from Wheel Vintiques, and then I'll put up a picture of the truck with 285/75R16 Duratraks on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks