• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1037 HMMWV Project, Eye Candy 2

TedG

Well I have now replaced steering gear box due to input seal leak including new pitman. Flush ps lines and fill with new atf. Flushed brake system after I replaced the proportioning valve. I also replaced the shifter box assembly with new unit.

Today I put about ten miles on the truck today without issues and am very happy with its performance.

bfdvollie

As we were cleaning our our M1037 we found, besides the bullet holes which were obvious quite a few spent shell casings under the NVH pads and in the B pillars. Plus we got enough sand out of it to fill a few mason jars. Not much green left on ours. If it isn't red or black it's not seen. :)

Still turning wrenches on this truck and the pm items are getting knocked down. Replaced drivers side exhaust manifold, new glow plugs, new washer bottle/pump, new tail light buckets and covers, getting new glass today. It looks like I will have to clean cooling stack, lots of debris (might even find a tool in there ;-) )