• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m105 Questions

axlr8

Hey guys,

Found me a screaming deal on a m105 trailer, need a few answers though.

How easy would it be to tow that beast behind a 1/2 ton pu if I could get the tow angle level?

Can anyone tell me is this the kind that has hydraulic brakes or just hand brakes, out truck has the 7 flat pin rv style i believe and is there a pig tail that will carry it over from civi, to the m105 style?

and last of all, what would you pay for a desert tan m105 in good to great condition, green cover, good, and all the sides and back? 2 good tires also.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will be hard to keep it level unless the truck is lifted pretty good. The brakes will not work behind a pickup. If you get the adapter for the harness you will still need to change the bulbs. You'd be better getting a cheap magnetic set for 10-20$. I'd say 250-350$.

axlr8

250 to 350 for a 1.5 ton trailer!? Id park it in the yard, and sleep in it! Until I get a MV hopefully next summer, I think that its value is higher than what you stated...IMHO.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
an m105 weighs in at almost 3000 pounds empty, needs air for the brakes, and will sit level if your hitch is around 3 feet high. Not the best trailer for a half ton, I would look at an m101 instead. The reason m105s go cheap is because you really should have a deuce to pull a loaded one.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
250 to 350 for a 1.5 ton trailer!? Id park it in the yard, and sleep in it! Until I get a MV hopefully next summer, I think that its value is higher than what you stated...IMHO.
The highest i've ever paid for a M105 was just under $200 from GL. I'd be very hesitant to pay over $350 unless it was one of the just refurbished ones complete with top etc...

Also, the M101A1 I just picked up out of McCoy with top was $268 from GL. FYI.

axlr8

well, the guy is willing to tow her here with his m1008, so All i would use the .5 ton for is moving her here and there on our property, and I plan on purchasing a deuce next summer if I can get a job.400 sound like a good deal?I mean If i hate it, i can always scrap her, or trade for a m101.

Edit: I guess Ill offer 225 cash and show the owner this thread, he said he doesnt like the way it sits behind his cucv, and I guess, like I said, I Thought It was a steal!

Last edited:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
well, the guy is willing to tow her here with his m1008, so All i would use the .5 ton for is moving her here and there on our property, and I plan on purchasing a deuce next summer if I can get a job.
400 sound like a good deal?I mean If i hate it, i can always scrap her, or trade for a m101.
your half ton will be fine then, 400 is not too terrible depending on your location.

axlr8

I just had to make sure that It would be able to be moved, I dont know If it will haul 1.5 tons anyways untill I can get an appropriate tow rig. So I guess Ill throw some offers at him. Thanks guys, and Also, does anyone have the 12 volt bulb part nums, I will buy a set and install em If i Need to.

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Rushford , MN is about 67 miles from FT McCoy. Easy drive. I would watch the GL items at McCoy and get just what you want there. They sell more trailers than just about any other Gl site. Also I would get a M101A2 or above revision of the M101 series. That way you can tow it with a good pickup or a deuce. Put LED 12v to 30v lamps in it and make a adaptor cable so you can use it with your pick up and you will have a very versatile trailer. I do not know what MN has for a regulation on a requirement for trailer brakes. Some states say that anything over 2000 pounds has to have trailer brakes. So for those states it would be illegal to pull a 2600 pound (empty) M105 trailer without brakes.

I watch the trailers at McCoy all the time and you can get a very good one for around $250 most anytime. Seeing how I have a place in Winona to stay free I have recovered many trucks and trailers from McCoy. The folks there are top notch people to work with so it is easy to recover a unit from them.

Last edited:

axlr8

I Guess All I can do is make an offer, So if I do get It, I will make some cool creation. By chance does anyone know if this will fit well on a cucv type frame? If so I have a use. I thought I saw a guy who had a 105 bed on his m1008. The trailer brake issue has me worried.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I Guess All I can do is make an offer, So if I do get It, I will make some cool creation. By chance does anyone know if this will fit well on a cucv type frame? If so I have a use. I thought I saw a guy who had a 105 bed on his m1008. The trailer brake issue has me worried.
there are some threads about m101 beds on pickups, a search found threads such as this one
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/60947-m101-truck-bed.html

axlr8

I guess the question is, do I go with this trailer, and modify the bed? keep the mil lights and just mount the bed on the truck? or get it and trade for a m101?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
it would take a lot of work to get that 105 bed on a pickup, I would try and get an m101. might be hard to find someone who wants to trade an m105 for a 101 though. I would just pass on the 105 from the start unless you want it to go behind a deuce in the future.

axlr8

hendersonj, I would trade her for a 101 to do that, to my bros 87 chevy r 10 it needs a new bed, so imma get creative! If thats the way i go!

aaron379, Thats what i need!