• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a2 Axle Tube Structure

SteveKuhn

I can't seem to determine from the TMs how the axle section between backing plates is constructed. Illustrations suggest that it's a hollow tube with pretty much nothing inside.

Can anyone tell me if that's correct or if not, describe the innards or post a few photos? I'm thinking of reusing sections of one for another purpose after cutting off the backing plates..

Thanks.

Steve

rustystud

I can't seem to determine from the TMs how the axle section between backing plates is constructed. Illustrations suggest that it's a hollow tube with pretty much nothing inside.

Can anyone tell me if that's correct or if not, describe the innards or post a few photos? I'm thinking of reusing sections of one for another purpose after cutting off the backing plates..

Thanks.

Steve
It is a tube, about 3/4" thick. Heavy little beastie ! The ends are welded on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks