• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a2 Axle Tube Structure

SteveKuhn

I can't seem to determine from the TMs how the axle section between backing plates is constructed. Illustrations suggest that it's a hollow tube with pretty much nothing inside.

Can anyone tell me if that's correct or if not, describe the innards or post a few photos? I'm thinking of reusing sections of one for another purpose after cutting off the backing plates..

Thanks.

Steve

rustystud

I can't seem to determine from the TMs how the axle section between backing plates is constructed. Illustrations suggest that it's a hollow tube with pretty much nothing inside.

Can anyone tell me if that's correct or if not, describe the innards or post a few photos? I'm thinking of reusing sections of one for another purpose after cutting off the backing plates..

Thanks.

Steve
It is a tube, about 3/4" thick. Heavy little beastie ! The ends are welded on.