• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105A2 Replacement Axle & landing gear

ithaca1230

I'm happy with the results. The modifications we performed lowered the trailer about 12". Built a ramp that when in the up position fits under the tarp and works well driving in 4 wheeler and motorcycle.

John Galt

Ithaca did a nice job on his trailer. A drop axle seems a lot simpler than notching the frame or doing a spring under (as long as ground clearance is not a major concern.

Ithaca, what is you deck height now?

B Ramsey

I am also doing this. my measurements tell me to get a 70" axle. I want to use 80's ford 3/4 ton 8-lug wheels, because that is what I have.

ithaca1230

Ithaca did a nice job on his trailer. A drop axle seems a lot simpler than notching the frame or doing a spring under (as long as ground clearance is not a major concern.

Ithaca, what is you deck height now?
Thanks for the compliment. All the ideas came from this site just took the parts I was able to use.

Sanperpe

Hi all, very interesting post.
I'm reading this almost 3 years later and I have the same questions, is there any pictures of the final results?
it will be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

ithaca1230

on the second page of this thread there are pictures of the trailer with the new axle. We have used it quite a bit and am very happy with it.