• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M105a3 Sleeping Corridor

Lextreme

I use two heavy duty hinges on the back and 8 ton air jack to open. It should only open the top about 45 degrees.

Lextreme

To me popup is alot easier mechanically. It has two hinges and work just like a door opening upward. Lowering and raising would require 4 shocks or air jack. This setup only require one. Alot less mechanical issues like synching all foour shocks.

Blendmaster2002

I agree with 59apache, no one should be able to lock it from the out side when somones in there! Same goes for the truck, I was looking at my m185 the other day which I have stuff stored in and locked up, and thought how if I ever used for camping or rv I would change the way it locks so some body couldnt just come along an lock me in while sleeping.

Lextreme

I agree with 59apache, no one should be able to lock it from the out side when somones in there! Same goes for the truck, I was looking at my m185 the other day which I have stuff stored in and locked up, and thought how if I ever used for camping or rv I would change the way it locks so some body couldnt just come along an lock me in while sleeping.
Oh... no worry it is lock safe. People can not lock us in. There are locks inside and outside...

Lextreme

Finally got the trailer painted but still need to do the interior and the air jack installation. It is about 50% done. I will also need to do some pre-wiring before plywood goes in.
20121124_122520.jpg20121124_122508.jpg20121124_122532.jpg20121124_123101.jpg20121124_123118.jpg

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks good. Are you going to have something below the doors, or will you have to put the tailgate up to close it up?

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So there's no using it w/ the tailgate down? If you're sleeping in it you'll have to have the tailgate up, and then be able to put it down before you can get out?
I think I'm confused.

Lextreme

Yes when we sleep, the tail gate goes up. It is a 3 door type of opening. People can not lock us in when we are sleeping. When we get out, we can get out with or without tailgate being down. However, it sould be easier with tailgate down.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any updates? Is it done? Has it moved from the spot I parked it in? If so, how much fun was it putting it back with the deuce?

charlietango

now, not to play devil's advocate I really like the idea for the record and you did a great job, but have you considered the 'roll over' factor? It would be a shame to dump that trailer over with all that work done. I've seen more than one tipped and contents dropped, mind you all the ones I saw were off-road but it can happen bouncing off rough tracks or something when the 360 degree pintle allowed the jumping trailer to go.

I thought of a similar project but worried about this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks