M1061a1 restoration

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I finished painting the trailer. Got 2 coats of marine corps forest green (34052) on the trailer. Added new reflectors and stainless steel hardware. Painted glad hands. Removed tape from data plates. Shined the tires. Trailer looks as new as its going to get. Very pleased with the project. Turned out great.

Attachments

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I finished the emergency tank drain pull cable. Bought 3/32 steel cable and a swaging tool and finished up the trailer. Took it on its first voyage and picked up a large number of US army pallets. (These were not light.) Trailer did great. No wagging or pulling to either direction brakes worked well. No issues with drums heating up or hubs. Very pleased with the results. Will add some additional tie downs in near future as well. Overall it was a good, quick restoration and trailer is back to functioning properly.

Attachments

Mullaney

Supporting Vendor
Today I finished the emergency tank drain pull cable. Bought 3/32 steel cable and a swaging tool and finished up the trailer. Took it on its first voyage and picked up a large number of US army pallets. (These were not light.) Trailer did great. No wagging or pulling to either direction brakes worked well. No issues with drums heating up or hubs. Very pleased with the results. Will add some additional tie downs in near future as well. Overall it was a good, quick restoration and trailer is back to functioning properly.
Nice!

And having a way to easily drain the air tank is a big plus. If it is easy, there is no reason not to drain it. If you have to get dirty and crawl in on your back - it gets left for another day.

Good Plan @muthkw25 !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks