• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1078 AC install

coachgeo

@Xengineguy ..... am I correct that Waterloo's compressor mount also go on Driver side? I have one.... just not at stage to mount AC.

If so....... does make me wonder if your Idea could be used to mount a second alternator. My concern is would it have enough belt wrap and if it would/would not work with Vbelts (long story.... but doing so would help me solve some issues not 12v related).

Got no working alternator right now on the truck.... but have three non Neihoff 24v's have to use. Thus need to do Alternator sooner than AC. Least one of them and 12v convertor I have ready to go also.

One of the 24v is slated for the APU; replacing its 12v

Last edited:

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the compelling reason for locating the compressor on the other side of the engine? The hose connections for the evaporator and condenser are on the driver's side. Belt wrap on the pulley looks a little light. Probably not an issue.

Just observations. I'm sure it will work fine.

Xengineguy

Supporting Vendor
What's the compelling reason for locating the compressor on the other side of the engine? The hose connections for the evaporator and condenser are on the driver's side. Belt wrap on the pulley looks a little light. Probably not an issue.

Just observations. I'm sure it will work fine.
I didn’t want to spend the money for the pulley and mounting brackets. And spend the time to install the brackets on the drivers side.
Sounded like quite a project all by itself. The ac hoses route down the right inner frame rail and cross like the heater hoses.
In front of the radiator. As you can tell I don’t mind fabricating and trying something different.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks