• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 air leak from trailer brake valve in cab

PowerstrokeNC

So my 1088 leaks air out of the trailer brake valve lever in the cab when you depress the brake pedal. At first I thought it was the trailer valve itself, so I sourced another one and put it in.
Well it leaks just the same as before, anybody had this happen to them?

thanks

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might have a treadle valve (foot brake) leaking when depressed. The rush of air out of the vent up front (center line behind grill) has to source through the trailer or truck brake valve on the dash so sounds like it's leaking in the dash. Been there done that. Had dirt in the treadle valve. Easy to verify: Have someone stand in front of the truck and listen for the vent passing air.

There is a write-up here:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?140345-Air-Brake-Info-and-Troubleshooting

Last edited:

PowerstrokeNC

I replaced the original with the one I bought from you actually and the result was the same, but I need to double check that I am not getting fooled by the under dash exhaust valve....

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have seen several trucks come thru the auctions with what appear to be newly replaced parts, especially dash valves, that lines are switched by accident. Either by the military or GP trying to put stuff back together for a more saleable truck.

jcarter0909

So my 1088 leaks air out of the trailer brake valve lever in the cab when you depress the brake pedal. At first I thought it was the trailer valve itself, so I sourced another one and put it in.
Well it leaks just the same as before, anybody had this happen to them?

thanks
@PowerstrokeNC; Did you ever figure out what the issue was here? I seem to have the same problem with my 1088.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks