• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 Cab Air Suspension rebuilt-wow, what a difference!

yertnamreg

Looks like the pin is in the storage position. There really isn't a way to disconnect these easily. The air hose is near the top on the other (engine) side.

You may need to go push in and turn the knob in the hydraulics box.

Ohiobenz

Supporting Vendor
Storage as in not functioning?
I have the CTIS PCU out right now so can't do much till that is fixed.

Basically asking if this is the operating or lowered position of the pin. This truck was shipped from Ft Carson to MN forestry and never used so it's been like this for years.

Strobi1

One of mine just started leaking like a champ, the other seems good to go (I guess, cause not leaking) Would you guys recommend replacing both sides at once or only the leaking side? I'm trying to save a buck if possible, but don't want to compromise performance or wreck the new one. Thanks!

Aernan

The seal kit is ~$50 if I remember right. The job is probably a day if you do it yourself. Maybe a half day if you have done it yourself. If you pay a shop to do it I imagine the price would be steep.

If the leak is dumping inside the knuckle then it's the axle end seal (instead of the hub seals) and most likely caused by a clogged vent and water ingestion. I drove mine into some water obstacles so no surprise there for my leak. From what I am told once the plugged vent is fixed you should not expect the other side to blow out. If it's from the hub seals then you certainly should do both sides because the seals were most likely installed same time so they are the same wear level.

Keep in mind that when re-installing the hubs that the shims must be set correctly or you will destroy the gears in the hubs. So opening the system increases the chance you will wreck those gears.

Strobi1

Sorry, I was talking about the air ride cab suspension. The driver side is leaking , but the passenger side seems okay.

Aernan

my passengers side air ride went out as well. I believe the heat from the exhaust routed next to it is what causes that side to go bad first. I believe the drivers side should still be in good condition.

Now that I have the old shock out I have some replacement air bags. If that's the culprit I'm going to rebuild that shock and swap it into the drivers side. If that works I'll rebuild that one and swap it back in being left with one spare working good one in original condition and some dead bags as trash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks