• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 - Can antilock brakes be added ?

Reworked LMTV

First, I big thank you for all the of the people have responded to my zillions of questions as a Newbee. Suprman has been especially helpful.

So I have an M1088 without antilock brakes. Anyone attempt a antilock conversion using the newer M1088a anitlock brakes? :razz: I'm going to do the Fast Axles anyway, so might be a good time to this too.

Reworked LMTV

I think it would be cheaper to sell yours and put that money and a bit more towards an A1 truck if abs is important to you.
You are probably right. How are the non ABS LMTV's in the snow? I never had ABS when I lived in MI. Parents could be heard screaming to children "Pump the brakes!" Lol. I know you can exhaust the air fast if you pump the brakes in an air system.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You will want to drive slow and cautiously in the snow. ABS or not its a big heavy truck. Dropping tire pressure will help in the snow. Not much helps on ice unless you have studs or chains.