• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1088 project, no start. Not even trying!

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any idea where the check valve is on the fuel system? I replaced the filters and gaskets, and fired it up. Came back today and it won't start again.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will check into a new one. According to the diesel mechanic at the truck shop said there are 3 check valves on the engine. One at the water separator, one at the filter, and on at the recirc line. So far, I found the o ring at the recirc valve is rough. Ran out of time for today.

snowtrac nome

replace the filter housing my cat guy told me those were the root of mostm problems with the 3116 also too much running with air leaks will cause a downward spiral with the cat fuel system.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, update. I took off the recirculating valve and replaced the o ring, and added a stiffer spring and it helped a lot, but it still takes a bit too much cranking to start. I am going to replace the filter housing and primer button next. I have a more pressing electrical issue though. I am going to start a detailed thread about that next.

thetruckguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, the starter button is still intermittent. When it does anything, it acts like it is barely getting a connection, and the solenoid rapidly engages and disengages. I tried another starter button, and it did the same thing. All connections under the dash look good, and connections at the starter and solenoid are all tight. It starts perfectly when I jump the two large posts on the auxiliary solenoid though. Still stumped there.

coachgeo

Also, the starter button is still intermittent. When it does anything, it acts like it is barely getting a connection, and the solenoid rapidly engages and disengages. I tried another starter button, and it did the same thing. All connections under the dash look good, and connections at the starter and solenoid are all tight. It starts perfectly when I jump the two large posts on the auxiliary solenoid though. Still stumped there.
Sounds like Ground fault, Battery connection, or mayyybe Reverse Polarity box?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks