• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109 camper conversion

oldMan99

I showed this to my wife, Im planning on doing the same thing to my 109.
She said, you married the wrong woman and I will never get out in that shop like her.
So, wana trade wives? mines useless. lol

If mine gets a little dirt on her shoes she flips out.
Gee... not a real good sales pitch if you ask me... no wonder he turned you down.... LOL!

-----------------

I like the "Blue Cammo" I'm just wondering if it was really ever used and if so, by who/where/when? - Not asking from the "Is it "Real" MV or not" point of view, more of a historical thing. The blue is cool, would be even cooler if it was really used.... (Did that come out right?? LOL)

I was thinking of some combination of grey and ?? (Light and dark gray?? - and black maybe??) but mostly a grey camo of some sort. I doubt it has ever been used but if done right it might look cool. On the other hand it might just look stupid. I do like the blue though, and the colors Uncle Mike used too....

A

A/C Cages

Mine was actually laughing as I typed it. She smacked me for the comment that when she turns 40 im trading her in for 2 20 year olds though. lol

oldMan99

something like this?
Yeah, I kind of like that but the pattern is way to small. Would need to make it MUCH larger. Or I guess I could use the standard design for the vehicle and just use those colors instead of the official colors. Might make the light color that looks white on my screen more of a grey though.

I can't copy your blue because if we ever show up at the same rally "Meet me at the blue cammo camp" would just confuse people....lol..

What did you decide to do about the top corners? Did you make new pieces or just clean and reuse the old ones?

So... where are the pics of the re-skinned 109?? Man, you guys are slacking!!

Attachments

A

A/C Cages

Wow I really had to think about that 2 20 joke. lol
I know im getting old but you would think I would have got that joke a little faster since I was bit by 220 the other day while plugging in the welder. Hint when plugging in a 220 volt large plug, dont have fingers extending over the plug touching the metal tabs. OUCH that didnt feel good at all. lol

I think today im going to the shop to finish welding up the brush bard for the front of the m109.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
Yeah, I kind of like that but the pattern is way to small. Would need to make it MUCH larger. Or I guess I could use the standard design for the vehicle and just use those colors instead of the official colors. Might make the light color that looks white on my screen more of a grey though.

I can't copy your blue because if we ever show up at the same rally "Meet me at the blue cammo camp" would just confuse people....lol..
thats what i did with mine i just swapped the colors of a 4 color merc pattern.

What did you decide to do about the top corners? Did you make new pieces or just clean and reuse the old ones?
are you talking about the tiedown fittings or the front and rear compound curved sheetmetal pieces?

So... where are the pics of the re-skinned 109?? Man, you guys are slacking!!
working on it, patience man!

mdmorganwife

It is kind of hard to get our hands on the other memory card right now. We are in the middle of packing up our stuff. We are in the process of buying a new house with a shop we can work in and hubby can have his "man cave" lol. As soon as we come across it he will post them. :-D Sorry for the delay on the pics.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good idea on placing windows where you want them. You could wind up with just two or three and will not have cut holes, just to turn around and try to seal them up again!

And congrats on the new house!

oldMan99

As the vulture said "Patients my ass, I'm gonna kill somethin"
:nothingfunny:
LOL….. EXACTLY my first thought….

thats what i did with mine i just swapped the colors of a 4 color merc pattern.
It seems to have worked brilliantly for you guys, I just might have to try the same thing!

are you talking about the tiedown fittings or the front and rear compound curved sheetmetal pieces?
I assume the tiedown fittings are cast? You just need to blast, repaint and install? I was talking about the compound curved sheetmatal pieces you had mentioned before. After seeing how well you guys did with the axle caps I’m guessing those corner caps would not be outside your skill level. My sill level with something like that …. Lots of duct tape and silicone… lol.. (OK, not quite that bad…)

working on it, patience man!
See first response above…. LOL….

Now go unpack all your stuff and find that camera card… because as you well know by now.....

nopicsnopicsnopics
:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks