• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1101 trailer

edgebar

will the m1101 work well with m1009 blazer?
also, what are the dimensions of the inside of the trailer.
looks like it will not hold a full size ATV
anyone have any info
thanks

NICK_M1009

I believe your looking for a M101A1, or M101A2. It is a 3/4 ton trailer. I'm not sure what the difference is between the A1 and A2. Dimensions for these trailers have got to be on the internet somewhere.

Crash_AF

The M101 trailer is about 100"L x 62"W inside the box (not sure of the wheel wells). It's about the same size as an 8' pickup bed.

The M101 and A1 have no active brakes and 5 lug M37 wheels, the A2 has surge brakes and 8 lug Chevy wheels, and the A3 has surge brakes, wider axle, and HMMWV wheels.

Later,
Joe

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M1101 and M1102 series trailers were designed to be used with the HMMWV only. There is no warning against using them with the M1009 Blazer, but my personal opinion is that they are fairly expensive trailers for what you are getting (expect your CUCV and the M1101 to cost the same money), but also the M1101's track is a little wider than the CUCV. You might have sway problems due to this, but I'm not sure.

I'd go with the M101 trailer. Get the newer version with the surge brake, it will be a lot less expensive for you.

Chief_919

An ATV in an M101 series or an M1101 is pushing it pretty hard for the stock pintle hook on a M1009- remember the M1009 was only supposed to tow the M416 series trailers.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just by chance I did my cyclic inventory today which happened to include my 1101s and 1102s. I took some pics of the internal dimensions. I also looked to see the differences between 1101s and 1102s. I've known the differences in payload capacity for a long time, but I never realized that dimensions are identical, axels, and shocks look the same as well. I didn't notice any leaf springs on the 1102, so the difference has to be in the shocks.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M101, M101A1 and M101A2 have 45" between the inner fender wells, the M101A3 has 55" between them.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, that is correct. Same exact trailer other than the dataplate and the prime mover for it, and here is the pages out of the Trailer's TM that spells it all out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scarecrow1

I aree with emmaddo The 101a1is far cheaper and should be just as good as the 1101s for such a payload ....Also if they steel your trailer like the ( A holes ) did mine it dosen't cost as much to replace ....Oh while on that subject They make a lock that is made for the hitch and covers the opening completly now.....Thats the one I am looking to pick up next week .....I will post some picks when I do,,,,:)

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the 1101 and 1102 are the exact same trailer. the 1101 has a lighter paypoad rating because it was meant to be towed behind the lighter humvees.

Travis
That explains why they look identical. However, on my MTOE I have 3/4 ton trailers paired up with heavy varient HMMWVs (M1097A2) as well as 1 1/4 ton trailers paired up with heavy HMMWVs so the intent isnt obvious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks