• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 lunette ring flipped

nanlin

As you probably remeber, I got the trailers from Barstow to Sacramento with all you guys' help. Trying to tow with Range Rover Sport, but even with a riser the hitch is much lower than the ring. I swapped out the tires and still could not tow evenly. I always thought this would be a viable option and less work, before I get the ring cut off and weld an adjustable one. Looks like it turned out ok.

The problem now is, I lose the surg break. In CA, I think you can go up to 1500 lbs without being pulled over by CHP, so I am cutting close empty. But for safety, I would like to consider a break modification that an amateur like me can do. Even better if I can utlilize the original hydralic breaks.

The project goes on...

Mr45

As you probably remeber, I got the trailers from Barstow to Sacramento with all you guys' help. Trying to tow with Range Rover Sport, but even with a riser the hitch is much lower than the ring. I swapped out the tires and still could not tow evenly. I always thought this would be a viable option and less work, before I get the ring cut off and weld an adjustable one. Looks like it turned out ok.

The problem now is, I lose the surg break. In CA, I think you can go up to 1500 lbs without being pulled over by CHP, so I am cutting close empty. But for safety, I would like to consider a break modification that an amateur like me can do. Even better if I can utlilize the original hydralic breaks.

The project goes on...
Any updates?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks