• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 lunette ring flipped

nanlin

As you probably remeber, I got the trailers from Barstow to Sacramento with all you guys' help. Trying to tow with Range Rover Sport, but even with a riser the hitch is much lower than the ring. I swapped out the tires and still could not tow evenly. I always thought this would be a viable option and less work, before I get the ring cut off and weld an adjustable one. Looks like it turned out ok.

The problem now is, I lose the surg break. In CA, I think you can go up to 1500 lbs without being pulled over by CHP, so I am cutting close empty. But for safety, I would like to consider a break modification that an amateur like me can do. Even better if I can utlilize the original hydralic breaks.

The project goes on...

Mr45

As you probably remeber, I got the trailers from Barstow to Sacramento with all you guys' help. Trying to tow with Range Rover Sport, but even with a riser the hitch is much lower than the ring. I swapped out the tires and still could not tow evenly. I always thought this would be a viable option and less work, before I get the ring cut off and weld an adjustable one. Looks like it turned out ok.

The problem now is, I lose the surg break. In CA, I think you can go up to 1500 lbs without being pulled over by CHP, so I am cutting close empty. But for safety, I would like to consider a break modification that an amateur like me can do. Even better if I can utlilize the original hydralic breaks.

The project goes on...
Any updates?