• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1102 marker light issues

So I picked up a M1102 out of Albany last Friday. I’ve switch the harness pigtail over to civilian 7 blade and changed the rear incandescent bulbs to 1156 and 631. Also noticed the 90a wire broken with no end on it and after some searching I believe this to be a ground so I put a eyelet on and grounded it with the white ground from the 7 blade on the stud next to the connection holders underneath. I now have all my light functions minus the front amber marker lights Being very dim. Rear sides and rear center are bright as can be. I should also note that prior to fixing the broken ground I had very dim front markers then and that’s how I found the 90a problem. Is there another ground I’m missing? I’ve called myself looking in the TMs I’ve dug up via the web to no avail. Oh and grounds inside the covers are tight. This trailer is 2012 so the markers are LED.

NuclearPuppy238

I had the same thing happen when I bought mine, some were bright, and some were dim. The issue was the LED module that developed fatigue cracks inside on the solder joints. I replaced mine and all was back up and bright. Ryder fleet products used to have a 2 LED module that fit the trailer (my old links no longer work), but I eventually went to the OEM of the module who claimed a long warranty, and got a set from them.

Looking at the old packaging, they are Truck-lite Red light assembly (07428 ), amber lamp assembly (07407), and I think these are the original 3 LED modules. Little cheaper 2 LED modules only, Red(30250R), amber(30250Y), and I have a hand note of a 3 LED amber module (30255Y) which I think were the warranty modules. All part #s are from Truck-Lite. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
Try as I might, could not delete the second and third copy.
Yes, wire # 90-A is a ground, but goes to all the lights, and not the frame.

So, i have not had much time to work on the 1102 as its been put to work with my current projects and honey-do's. But I did notice that when hooked up the other morning that the drivers front marker was flicking from dim to bright on occasion before defaulting to dim again. This however did affect any other marker lights so im thinking nuclearpuppy may be on to something with it being the leds themselves. Also i should have noted that the connectors were all holding water in them when i removed the 24v connector when i replaced it with the 7 pin civilian connector. Guess it went for a swim at some point.

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, i have not had much time to work on the 1102 as its been put to work with my current projects and honey-do's. But I did notice that when hooked up the other morning that the drivers front marker was flicking from dim to bright on occasion before defaulting to dim again. This however did affect any other marker lights so im thinking nuclearpuppy may be on to something with it being the leds themselves. Also i should have noted that the connectors were all holding water in them when i removed the 24v connector when i replaced it with the 7 pin civilian connector. Guess it went for a swim at some point.

I had the same issue with mine. The front marker lights were dim or intermittent. I changed them both out after checking all the grounds and they have been perfect since replacing them.

Guyfang

Staff member
When marker lights dim or flicker, on just part of the trailer, its a supply problem. By that I mean 24VDC. They all get voltage from the same source. They all are grounded. So it can only be a loose/corroded wire on the power side or the ground. Can not be anything else. When you changed your bulbs and checked your grounds, that fixed it. But changing out just the bulbs would not have affected it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks