• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M114 SWAT vehicle gets WGTi mods

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After crawling around on Tommy Craig's M114A1E1, Pat Lombardi's M114 and one of George Bakers M114s I'd say if I could have any track, this would be it. They are just the coolest thing since the invention of tracklayers.

wgtactical

I dont know of too many left, I know some went to El Salvador and there were some radical armor changes made on the M114 rolling chassis. Also several had the armor cut from them and the chassis were built into utility vehicles by SECO Augusta as the Wood Tiger Cub. Let alone the ones that were turned into range targets and shot to pieces. But here is one for sale:
http://www.armyjeeps.net/M114/m114a1e1__apc.htm

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Please keep us posted on this and get the final pictures posted for us to drool over. I hope to have a hobby as useful as yours when I retire. my wife will tell you I have enough projects to keep me going.

wgtactical

Home Depot matched the color. I had called RAPCO for the Gillespie paint, but they were out of seafoam and didnt expect to be running it anytime soon. I must say that I was impressed with the match Home Depot made. Although the pictures look vastly different, where we stopped painting was only obvious because of the gloss difference.

kcimb

Curious...

If a suspect took a shot at this APC, and it went through, how would you repair the armor?

Spaced steel plates on the outside would probably deal with anything up to .50.

wgtactical

Depending on the extent of the damage, probably replace the missing material. See this link
http://m2hb.net/m2phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=521&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Keep in mind, the LE machines are not on patrol thru some war torn area...they are answering to a specific situation. And there are always a perimeter team set up prior to the advance on the threat, and they are continually monitoring. So basically,any threat that takes aim will be dealt with accordingly.

wgtactical

Barricaded folks with intent to harm themselves and/or others hardly rise to the level of "civilians" to me. But personally, I like the black vehicles too...that's why I building one 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks