• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M114 SWAT vehicle gets WGTi mods

NEIOWA

About the only thing sillier that domestic police with automatic weapons is police with armor. Leave it to trained professionals.

wgtactical

NEIOWA said:
About the only thing sillier that domestic police with automatic weapons is police with armor. Leave it to trained professionals.
I know that many on these SWAT teams are either former military, or trained by former military. So since either option falls into the same category of "silly"(according to you)...Based on this, my question is who are these trained proffessionals supposed to be then? Maybe those black T-shirt clad security wannabees at the corner night club?

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
NEIOWA said:
I consider it irresposible for a police department to be unprepared to confront those who would intentionally endanger the lives of others(especially when they have the means to do so) . I seriously doubt the Gwinnett County Sheriff's Office is going to be patrolling the mall with the m114 or have officers patrolling with mp5's, but I am glad they have them in reserve for the times they need them. (remember that Bank of America robbery a couple of years ago in LA?)

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
NEIOWA said:
And who are the trained professionals in your town? Who comes to the barricaded subject with a hostage, the National Guard? I see your experience with law enforcement, espscially SWAT is limiited. Perhaps Law Enforcement in your area aren't professional, doesn't hold true for everywhere. Our team has M16s, MP5s and G36s and do quite well at what they do. I would say the only thing sillier then the police having these items is your statement. Go SWAT

Attachments

kcimb

wgtactical said:
kcimb said:
Thes diesel engined? Amphibious?
Small block Chevy, they came with 283 w/carb...but I put a 350 TBI in mine, and a 6.0 in the second we are building. And yes they are amphibios.
I bet they really scream with the 350...wow.

Top speed is 35, 40 mph?

You know..if citizens can get armor and they don't really have a "need" for it (more of a want, this is AMERICA, you can have all the "want" you want...) but the police do have a need and want. They should be able to get it too.

Beslan ring a bell?

Suicide bombers aren't very effectice against armor, I have a picture on my computer of what happened when a suicide bomber went after a bradley...he splattered himself over the front of the brad and woke up the driver.

alphadeltaromeo

Wow

Went to see the APC at WGTac's place...quite incredible indeed! He let wifey and I browse through and around it. Then he blessed us with a ride in the unit...very impressive!!

Attachments

kcimb

RE: Wow

That is absolutely amazing. Totally LCD ? No need to stick your head out in hostile territory to get tagged by snipers...I'm suprised the military hasn't begun using that more in Armoured vehicles like the abrams/stryker/lav.

wgtactical

Great to finally see you ADR, and we are glad you and the little lady enjoyed yourselves. Rumor has it that there will be more projects coming our way, but for now I cant say what type vehicles or even who they are coming from...but it does sound like fun though :wink: As far as the LCD in these machines, we will be expanding on this feature in the next project as well. Like anything else, after you do one you see things you would like to change a bit. The Gwinnett Sheriffs office was impressed with the camera system too, as it made driving easier. I can park our M114 in places that would be difficult to park a smaller car in, with this system. And as everyone knows the camera/display prices are cheap and they are much more compensating than direct vision periscopes.

alphadeltaromeo

...not to mention the LCD's look great...I mean, it's all about looks right? Just kiddin' of course. You do need to post that link so I can browse the complete restoration on it. We should partner on some of the display's/shows/parades out West. I'll have Carrie look up some that we can be involved with in the future and letcha know.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow Great job thanks for what you do. Funny thing is I suggested to the Wheeled Vehicle PM in Iraq that we needed small remote cameras that could be easily replaced if damaged thinking a camera like an X10 Vanguard or other quality but relatively inexpensive for our gunners to use to aquire and fire the M2. The real problem is space and power management in combat vehicle. In an UAH there is so much latent heat built up that the factory A/C can not cool the Soldiers in Iraq. Each of these screens and all electronics add a heat load as well as a power load to the vehicle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks