• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1151A1

Maximus141

So bought this M1151A1 from govplanet and found some thin wires connected to the batteries. I followed them to the panel on the back of that seat. I uploaded to pictures the blue circled one I know is the [transmission control relay]. I've tried to figure out where all these wires go after I do see a label [Ignition Interface J10] and another P32B. The vehicle does not start but does try to turn over also have the trans light on. I know a lot of work needs to be done on it just any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

springer1981

Welcome. You need to start off with some TM's and wiring diagrams, etc. I've accumulated a lot of documentation and put a single file download in my signature that includes TM's and all kinds of stuff. One of the TM's says Wiring at the end and at the end of it are a bunch of wiring diagrams that will likely help you identify what you have.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So bought this M1151A1 from govplanet and found some thin wires connected to the batteries. I followed them to the panel on the back of that seat. I uploaded to pictures the blue circled one I know is the [transmission control relay]. I've tried to figure out where all these wires go after I do see a label [Ignition Interface J10] and another P32B. The vehicle does not start but does try to turn over also have the trans light on. I know a lot of work needs to be done on it just any information on this would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Outfit!

Chances are that you will find assorted wires that are just hacked off and left in place. Part of the De-Mil process. A lot of them will still be "powered" so you will need to follow them back to the source. A lot will be for radios or computer terminals.

Short version is that if the starter is working, you have a good chance that she will start eventually. The diesel needs fuel to crank. There are no spark plugs to deal with - but there are glow plugs to heat the combustion chamber. Are you getting smoke? Smoke is a sign that you are getting fuel...

Don't go nuts spraying starting fluid. It's bad for the motor.

Snap a few pictures. Specifically the engine bay so maybe we can spot something you may have missed...

Maximus141

Welcome. You need to start off with some TM's and wiring diagrams, etc. I've accumulated a lot of documentation and put a single file download in my signature that includes TM's and all kinds of stuff. One of the TM's says Wiring at the end and at the end of it are a bunch of wiring diagrams that will likely help you identify what you have.
Tried to download those Tm's nothing happened?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Tried to download those Tm's nothing happened?
If you are on a cell phone, often times it will download it into a "downloads" folder. Sometimes it is a real pain to figure out WHERE your phone put it. Some are fairly large too... If you have an Android, swipe down from the top - and most of the time it will show you that the download has completed - and maybe where it put it.

Maximus141

Welcome to the Outfit!

Chances are that you will find assorted wires that are just hacked off and left in place. Part of the De-Mil process. A lot of them will still be "powered" so you will need to follow them back to the source. A lot will be for radios or computer terminals.

Short version is that if the starter is working, you have a good chance that she will start eventually. The diesel needs fuel to crank. There are no spark plugs to deal with - but there are glow plugs to heat the combustion chamber. Are you getting smoke? Smoke is a sign that you are getting fuel...

Don't go nuts spraying starting fluid. It's bad for the motor.

Snap a few pictures. Specifically the engine bay so maybe we can spot something you may have missed...
Yeah I see they do quite a bit in the De-Mil process on some vehicles and others not so much of the same time.

Maximus141

Alright folks so found out my transmission oil pan has what look like phillips head screwdriver stab on it. Wiped, degreased and wiped again slap some JB weld on it.

Maximus141

Does anyone have a picture of this is supposed to look like? So the connections to the batteries are still there fed through to the transmission control relay joined by additional cables and then cut after they’re ran back into the body don’t see anywhere else they go nor receiving end.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alright folks so found out my transmission oil pan has what look like phillips head screwdriver stab on it. Wiped, degreased and wiped again slap some JB weld on it.
Well, that would just about cause a body to beat stupid off somebody...

1684437164920.png

I guess the good news is that you might get by with a patch on the transmission pan.
You almost know that some jerk did that intentionally.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone have a picture of this is supposed to look like? So the connections to the batteries are still there fed through to the transmission control relay joined by additional cables and then cut after they’re ran back into the body don’t see anywhere else they go nor receiving end.
Those wires are not part of the factory wiring harness.
Follow them and more than likely you need to disconnect and trash those wires.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The only that bothers me with those wires is the blue wire that is labeled ignition interface.
Follow it.
Chances are good that the label meant that it energized the (radio maybe). As in that wire sensed that the ignition was on or off. That way Private Snuffy didn't leave the radio or computer or extra lighting were not left on if the key (motor) was off. Doesn't take a very big wire to excite a circuit...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks