• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1151A1

Mastherr

Folks, my M1151A1 cranks but doesn’t start. Followed the military troubleshooting manual to the “t”… got to the fuel injection pump being the issue.
Any one has replaced it? I’m struggling so badly to remove it !!!!!

all internet videos are for the 998 ;-(

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you following the procedure as outlined in the maintenance TM?
Struggling? How?

Mastherr

Are you following the procedure as outlined in the maintenance TM?
Struggling? How?
Many tks for the super quick response. Yes, I’ve followed the maintenance manual, but it doesn’t specify what other parts of the engine do I need to remove before removing the actual pump.. I can’t reach the 2 bottom screws…

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone in some way or fashion will have their own shortcuts and so on but if your wanting to follow the TM to the letter, look under the equipment conditions at the top of that task, on that last pic you posted. Where it states that the injection lines are to be removed. If you go to that task stated out in paragraph 16-4 it'll again state the equipment condition at the top, and prior of removal of the injection lines you need the left and right manifolds removed. that should give you all the access you looking for, if you've not already removed them. After stating all of this, if you've already done or figured that out just ignore me completely lol. Also not the best pic but here is a pic of the access will look like without the manifolds

Attachments

Mastherr

Everyone in some way or fashion will have their own shortcuts and so on but if your wanting to follow the TM to the letter, look under the equipment conditions at the top of that task, on that last pic you posted. Where it states that the injection lines are to be removed. If you go to that task stated out in paragraph 16-4 it'll again state the equipment condition at the top, and prior of removal of the injection lines you need the left and right manifolds removed. that should give you all the access you looking for, if you've not already removed them. After stating all of this, if you've already done or figured that out just ignore me completely lol. Also not the best pic but here is a pic of the access will look like without the manifolds
Godspeed131, you are great. Your help was very much appreciated. Indeed I had missed the (prior) instructions on top of the page pointing to other things that had to be done before. My bad.
Thank you very much for the picture, it makes total sense now. Will work during the weekend!!!!!

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m glad it helped. If you’re not used to the tms, there is a set of growing pains a person has to go through to get proficient at them. So don’t feel bad.
Good luck on your endeavors!

Towbarman

Have fun removing the hard fuel lines on the back of the injector pump. You will be using a crow foot to loosen the nuts. Also the bolts inside the timing cover.. # bolts are in there. Have to bump the engine to remove those.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks