• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1152A1 HMMWV 2 Door Hard Top

BananaRay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have noticed a half dozen M1152A1's going to the auction block recently with a 2 door hardtop installed. I have seen the aftermarket kits on FleaBay and on several military surplus sites but never have I seen a takeoff OEM 2 door hardtop kit listed for sale. Does anyone know if the OEM roof requires a particular windshield frame for installation? Would it work with a M1123 soft-tops' A and B pillars? Mod fever has struck and Santa hasn't delivered the truck yet!

f694eff2-9c84-41cb-ab83-e0b843ca15d6.jpg23455056-bcc5-40ab-8b93-63fc48f20856.jpg

Action

You need a hardtop windshield frame. or the weld on tabs, or the bolt on tabs, to hold the front down. You also need the b-pillar covers and b-pillar blocks. You will likely need to make your own rear wall. They are not as common as the roof.
There was an oem roof a while back on epay. It had the armor overlay, the mounting parts, and all the hardware. It sold for $1800, IIRC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks