• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1152A1 HMMWV 2 Door Hard Top

BananaRay

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have noticed a half dozen M1152A1's going to the auction block recently with a 2 door hardtop installed. I have seen the aftermarket kits on FleaBay and on several military surplus sites but never have I seen a takeoff OEM 2 door hardtop kit listed for sale. Does anyone know if the OEM roof requires a particular windshield frame for installation? Would it work with a M1123 soft-tops' A and B pillars? Mod fever has struck and Santa hasn't delivered the truck yet!

f694eff2-9c84-41cb-ab83-e0b843ca15d6.jpg23455056-bcc5-40ab-8b93-63fc48f20856.jpg

Action

You need a hardtop windshield frame. or the weld on tabs, or the bolt on tabs, to hold the front down. You also need the b-pillar covers and b-pillar blocks. You will likely need to make your own rear wall. They are not as common as the roof.
There was an oem roof a while back on epay. It had the armor overlay, the mounting parts, and all the hardware. It sold for $1800, IIRC.