• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1167 Turret delete plate questions.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a flying nun M1167 and want to keep the armored roof. I have attached the TM manual's turret assembly and it looks as if it uses two pieces of metal. The part numbers only bring up NSN information for one part and I can't find any listed for sale. The piece of metal that is between the hardtop and armored roof is aluminum and is listed as 45.81 INCHES in diameter, which I can have made. The part number for the top will not bring any technical data back for the part number 6433867-200M1. Does anyone have a turret delete plate for M1165 or M1167 that can tell me if it's aluminum and the diameter and thickness? Thanks!

Attachments

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that’s not a turret hole delete, that’s the armor piece that goes on top of the turret delete plate…it’s part of the Frag roof overlay, it is aluminum
In the diagram it looks as if the Frag roof overlay goes on top, then in-between Frag roof and hardtop there is another piece of metal followed by insulation underneath. Is it necessary to have all these pieces to seal off the top? And thank you for your help, I figured there isn't many people who have dealt with the M1151/M1165/MM1167 roofs.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
For part # 12536990 Its Aluminium.

CROSS-SECTIONAL SHAPE STYLEFLAT, SQUARE OR RECTANGULAR RIB REINFORCED
ROUND, MULTI HOLES
BODY THICKNESS1.000 INCHES NOMINAL
END ITEM IDENTIFICATIONNSN 2320-01-540-2017
PART NAME ASSIGNED BY CONTROLLING AGENCYCOVER ASSY, TURRET
PROPRIETARY CHARACTERISTICSPACS

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For part # 12536990 Its Aluminium.

CROSS-SECTIONAL SHAPE STYLEFLAT, SQUARE OR RECTANGULAR RIB REINFORCED
ROUND, MULTI HOLES
BODY THICKNESS1.000 INCHES NOMINAL
END ITEM IDENTIFICATIONNSN 2320-01-540-2017
PART NAME ASSIGNED BY CONTROLLING AGENCYCOVER ASSY, TURRET
PROPRIETARY CHARACTERISTICSPACS
Does it give dimensions?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The basic M11XX roof is aluminum, on models with no turret such as M1165 C&C trucks, in the less than Frag 5 configuration, there is just a single panel, when truck is frag 5 on up, an aluminum overlay is added in 2 pieces, plus another panel over the first turret plug…An M1165A1 with “Dumbo” looking roof has effectively 2 aluminum roofs…

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The basic M11XX roof is aluminum, on models with no turret such as M1165 C&C trucks, in the less than Frag 5 configuration, there is just a single panel, when truck is frag 5 on up, an aluminum overlay is added in 2 pieces, plus another panel over the first turret plug…An M1165A1 with “Dumbo” looking roof has effectively 2 aluminum roofs…
Hi-Jacking this thread! What do you need to cover the hole on a M1165 no armor? I have looked around and I don’t know if the ones I find would fit.097B8679-84FF-4B6B-81D4-7562B166B850.jpeg

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you done any frag 5 roofs with double covers? Do you happen to have any pictures of them sealed up?

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I will probably have my old employer burn me a blank off. I might even weld it in. I have awhile before I get there. Bolt in would be easier.
If you look at the PDF I posted it's the same for your m1151. The NSN number listed as being 1/4-in thick aluminum and I posted the diameter in the thread above if you want it to get cut the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks