• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M123A1C found hiding out!!

BikerBi11

Ok guys and gals, I went to inquire about a couple of M35s. Got to looking at them, and for what he wanted for one of them I could buy a turn key unit. Told him that if he still had them in a couple of months, I would come by and make him an offer. That being said, He said to me " I might just have somthing you can not turn down." Wish I would have had my camera with me. He sent his grand kids down to show his "tank recovery truck and trailer". Well, not knowing what to expect, I followed the kids. We walked through a whole bunch of wrecked trucks. Then we came around a wrecked semi trailen and what did I behold? What appeares to be a near perfect M123A1C! With the 4 axle HET trailer rite next to it. Should have looked at the miles and stuff!! Think I will try to go get some pics of it tomarrow. Anyone have any clue the possible value of this monster? He hasnt given me a price yet, just want to go see him with my guns loaded! Thanks in advance

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's perfect condition, maybe between $12K and $15K. One would think they'd be worth more, but their mileage sucks, they are overwidth for road use, so it's of limited utility for most drivers.

AMGeneral

If it is definetly a "perfect condition" M123A1C,I agree with Maddawg,$12 to $14K is not outta the question,and I second the overwidth as well,the truck at the tandems is 115 inches wide.

Judging by the description,it is a M747 trailer(4 axles) it is way more overwidth than the truck at 137 inches, either way you are gonna have to have permits to move it,along with the aforementioned 3 to 4 mpg unloaded,plus the lack of affordable replacment tires for the M123, unless you want a huge yard ornament, probably not the best thing to buy.

as far as the price on the trailer,probably the same as the truck,$12 to $14K,I wouldn't be suprised if he asks $30K + for the truck/trailer.

spoken by a former M123 owner.

just my 2 cents.

Last edited: