• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M129A2C Camper Conversion

mdmorganwife

Just about got all that we need out of the donor camper. Not bad for a weekends work :naner:

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The donor is almost the same color interior as our 2009 Keystone.

If it hadn't been for the ice meteor hitting it at Marengo last year I'd like to pull ours apart but the expensive new roof keeps that from happening......

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
added pic
Just about got all that we need out of the donor camper. Not bad for a weekends work :naner:
Looking good! Real nice work.
I'll be watching your progress for ideas in case I decide to do this to one of my trailers.

M373A2 019.jpg

Last edited:

3dAngus

I've got one Daniel. Maybe I can meet you at Robins one day this week or next. I'm heading to Palm Bay tomorrow to drop off a trailer so I'll be out of pocket for a few days.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
I've got one Daniel. Maybe I can meet you at Robins one day this week or next. I'm heading to Palm Bay tomorrow to drop off a trailer so I'll be out of pocket for a few days.
Just toss it in with the stuff you are bringing to the rally, I'll get it from you then.

zout

Looking awesome as we all expected - I bet that spray foam makes a huge difference in temp and exterior sound. Cannot wait to see this one.

mdmorganwife

Ok, they way over did it with the foam...... Anyone know of a better way of trimming the foam? We are using a hand saw to trim it between ribs and a crowbar to expose the ribs... We got the closed cell so we won't have to worry about it soaking up water. Which also is more rigid

goldneagle

How about a BOW saw used to trim tree branches. If you can turn the blade 90 degrees it would be easy to use. Another idea is a HOT WIRE cutter shaped like a bow saw. Use an old train transformer as a power supply. You can find NI-CHROME wire on the net. PM me for more detail.

zout

I have delivered machines that cut styrofoam with the hot wire application what I have seen it sears the cells shut. Explanation or example would be take a nylon rope after you cut it and to seal off the ends you light it up making a seared ball at the end so it does not unravel again. When the hot wires were used it seared the areas of the foam cells shut - therefore adding to the loss of insulation factor - with the open cells as when cutting it - it did not loose its integrity.

Ain;t my couple hundred dollars worth of foam - gave the best solution I could Bro. Still looks fricking AWESOME Morgan's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks