M134 Vehicle Mounted replica

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Lordragnar

Little more work of the feeder/delinker.

Got the caps on and done, new loading diagram attached( once again a custom design done by my girlfriend who is a graphic artist. She made them as high quality vinyl stickers which I attach to thin sheet plastic then glue on to the replica).

I have added the spent link chute and feed track ramp. I have also added the feeder drive gear and feeder spindle. All of the internals are attached to the feeder rotor rod with steel pins and while everything is just plastic, it actually moves rounds up and through the feeder just like the real thing(when I drop in loose rounds and spin by hand).

Attachments

Lordragnar

Here are a few close ups of the bypass bar and solenoid. As I'm typing this the sixth barrel is printing and will be finished and installed by tomorrow afternoon.

After I get it installed I'll snap some pics then we will move on to the Mk16 mount arm and assembly. The mount arm itself will be printed at nearly 90% infill and be seriously strong. I dont know how much this thing weighs now( I'll weigh it when it's all together) but needless to say it's only a fraction of the weight of the real thing and may be coming close to 10 to 15 lbs.

That being said I want the mount to be sturdy, it will be a solid chunk of plastic and take close to 96 hours to just print, and some more to clean it up and paint it.

I'll be printing the yoke clamp which will attache to the recoil adapter plates(in lieu of the recoil adapters/absorbers) and then slide into the mount arm and be secured via a quick release pin down a channel in the yoke arm.

Attachments

Lordragnar

Got all the barrels printed and finished, I painted them the same way as the body but also applied a light coat of graphite powder rubbed on with a paper towel to give them a subtle metallic sheen.

Printing the yoke mount for the mk 16 mount assembly now, but here are some pictures of the completed base G.E. M134 minigun replica

Attachments

Lordragnar

Now let's talk about mounts!!! This is what this is all about. So let's kick it off with some work on the yoke.

So I made myself stop mid build to take pictures of that things look like before I make them look all nice and real(well as real as I can make it look with my available skills).

Here is the yoke, yoke mount and pic rail system all after printing and a light pass with 220 grit on my orbital pal. Sander( a must have if your working with 3d prints.) I will then do a light pass with a medium grit sanding sponge and prime with sem auto filler primer.

Attachments

Lordragnar

Now its been a little bit but I have made some progress.

So basically I use an old vehicle brake rotor as a base. Its heavy, circular, has an appropriate mechanical look and is not too flashy so it doesn't detract from the gun. I painted it and the custom swivel arm and mk 16 style "L" arm mount with Brownells parkerized gray enamel coat. I also painted the yoke with this grey too.
You may start to notice that on the Dillon version I have painted things slightly different shades to mimic the look of the Dillon guns, as they are upgraded M134's so the main body components have a different look.

So here are a few pictures of the mount in progress.

Attachments

Lordragnar

A few more shots for yall to see. You can also see the new "Dillon style" barrel clamp/flash hider in progress.

I'm still waiting on my buddy Jon to finish the spade grips and clutch pack, he is an amazing engineer and computer design expert and he built the base files for this replica from scratch. I sent him my rough dillon files I pulled from cad illustrations for him to play with and work his magic on.

So while I wait ill finish up the feeder/delinker and flash hider.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks