• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

A

A/C Cages

When you are done with the trailer, I need the crown molding on my kitchen cabinets finished and im too lazy to do it myself. lol

Psywarrior

I dont think they use much, i guess it all depends on how often you switch them to lp and if it has a piolit light or uses electronic ignition. I still think it would be better then a 120v only fridge especially when your on the move and dont wanna run the gen and/or dont have access to shore power. Since your running hot water and stove off LP id also look into a LP RV furnance and refridge and just fit the biggest DOT approved LP tank your space allows or get removable ones and keep spares.
I don't have any LP systems in my semi, so can't comment on the LP/motorhome type refrigerator. However, I use a large dormitory fridge GE Compact Refrigerator, 2-Door, Black - Walmart.com

This unit has tons of storage (for a dorm unit) and uses very little power. With a 1500 watt inverter, I run the fridge, laptop, 37" samsung TV, 1000 watt Sony Blu ray surround sound system and a 900 watt microwave. I can have all those running at once with no strain on the inverter. I also have an electric skillet, a George forman grill, an LP (tiny bottle type) camp stove/grill, printer for the laptop and a few other things. Yes, I carry all that in a semi with a standard sleeper. Makes it like home.

The point is that the above mentioned fridge uses such little power that he would be fine with it instead of investing mega bucks on an LP unit or 12 volt unit.

Psywarrior

OK, so I got into things late. I really hate it when that happens. What was the final decision on the fridge? I haven't gone back to read each page. I really didn't think you would get done so quickly. This is absolutely awesome. Makes the Biltmore look mundane. Congrats on the nice mobile mansion.

RAYZER

Thanks Psy! I agree that a small 120v fridge is the best way to go,I'll check out that one at wallmart,i should start the kitchen area this summer.

A

A/C Cages

Ray, that fridge he is talking about is also at Homedepot for $40 less. FYI
I just looked at fridges for my tiki bar this past weekend.
Hey wait a minute, you can start your kitchen till you finish mine. lol
One of these days I will get it done, its been sitting with no moulding for over a year now. lol

RAYZER

We haven't had any updates in a long time now. How is the build going?
Thanks for bringing this up , i was close to posting some pics of some recent progress made,though not alot,because of having spent the 10 months working on the deuce road tractor.
But anyway, this weekend i plan on finishing the paint job.
Fabricated and installed both generator box doors,short of gaskets and cables.
Im Getting ready to pull it to the Ga rally and i still have some service work to the truck,so i don't know how much more i can get accomplished, still needs 120v wiring,and plumbing.

Attachments

caliber1

:beer:
Thanks for bringing this up , i was close to posting some pics of some recent progress made,though not alot,because of having spent the 10 months working on the deuce road tractor.
Im Getting ready to pull it to the Ga rally and i still have some service work to the truck,so i don't know how much more i can get accomplished, still needs 120v wiring,and plumbing.[/QUOTE]

Might know someone that could hook you up on that kinda stuff. Said person needs some flooring done too.

BAZYRKYR

This truck is awesome! More motivation for me to work on my truck. Thankfully the weather is cooling off so I can start back on my M109A3. I'll be picking up a hard-top on Sunday for it. I need to remove all the rotted wood from the shop body, cut out the rusted metal, then replace both the metal and wood. In your opinion would I be better off buying a new shop body...if I can even find one...or fixing this one in the manner described above?

RAYZER

This truck is awesome! More motivation for me to work on my truck. Thankfully the weather is cooling off so I can start back on my M109A3. I'll be picking up a hard-top on Sunday for it. I need to remove all the rotted wood from the shop body, cut out the rusted metal, then replace both the metal and wood. In your opinion would I be better off buying a new shop body...if I can even find one...or fixing this one in the manner described above?
I'd fix it if its not too far gone.
Look closer at the pic's, it's a trailer with m109 windows! :p

Do you have a pic of your m109 you can post?

RAYZER

:beer:
Im Getting ready to pull it to the Ga rally and i still have some service work to the truck,so i don't know how much more i can get accomplished, still needs 120v wiring,and plumbing.[/QUOTE]

Might know someone that could hook you up on that kinda stuff. Said person needs some flooring done too.
Sounds like a deal brewing!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks