• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good Ray!

To test the black water system.... Fill the toilet bowl up with as much water as it will hold and flush it. If you are using a RV toilet, make sure you hold the foot valve down all the way so the valve at the bottom of the bowl is full open. This will simulate a maximum effort flush (with the possible exception of a chilli mac flush at the GA Rally). If this doesn't blow out the plumbing, you are probably safe for a "live round".

Good Luck!!!!

daddy2

The work you have done makes mine look bad. Especially the wood work. You have some great tallent. What side are the water and sewer connections on? It was just dumb luck that I designed the tanks, water fill and electric hook-up, to be on the drivers side. After I had half of it put together I found out most all camp grounds have universal hook-ups all on the same side. But by the looks of the great job you have done, you were more prepared than me.[thumbzup]

RAYZER

The work you have done makes mine look bad. Especially the wood work. You have some great tallent. What side are the water and sewer connections on? It was just dumb luck that I designed the tanks, water fill and electric hook-up, to be on the drivers side. After I had half of it put together I found out most all camp grounds have universal hook-ups all on the same side. But by the looks of the great job you have done, you were more prepared than me.[thumbzup]
Thankyou for the kind words sir.
My holding tank dump is on the left side along with the city water and future electric hookup, tow 4 gave me the idea to put the gravity water fill on the right side (thanks Ray), that way its under awning in case I have to fill it in the rain or hot sun.
When this build was in the planning stages, I looked at other rv's to get some perspective and went from there.

RAYZER

Installed the fresh water gravity fill! Did a heavy flush test on the black water system, leaked!! Toilet flange cracked around the threads, and the 3" 90 at back of black water tank cracked around threads, I think these were defective black abs fittings.
But all fixed now with 0 leaks!
uploadfromtaptalk1358735812620.jpguploadfromtaptalk1358735833176.jpguploadfromtaptalk1358735879519.jpguploadfromtaptalk1358735879519.jpguploadfromtaptalk1358735893174.jpg

Last edited:

Nick

That shower set up looks like its from a Marriott. Hey everyone, I think Ray has us all SNOWED! I THINK HES REALY ON VACATION SOMEWHERE AND IS REALLY TAKIN PICS OF HIS ELABORATE SUITE ON THE 24TH FLOOR!!!!!!!!! rofl

Excellent job Ray

Nick

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good job on getting the cracked fittings replaced Ray. It's hard to believe you had a couple of different fittings that were cracked.

See if you can get the video of the inaugural flush posted or linked....:beer:

RAYZER

A few more things complete!
Installed a fuse block for the 12v furnace,h2o pump, excessory plug and what ever ealse.
Also wired a toggle switch on the sink vanity for the pump!

This build will never end:beer:
uploadfromtaptalk1359431604518.jpguploadfromtaptalk1359431614832.jpg

RAYZER

Well it was a real nice day to work on the trailer, 75 out!
Tied some pipes and wires up,sanded, painted and installed the front cover plate for the drainage and water systems, still need to make a door.
Also was able to recycle the trailer exaust hole cover to put over the gravity water fill.
My friend Walt welded on the angle bracket supports for the front cover.
uploadfromtaptalk1359942673983.jpguploadfromtaptalk1359942654181.jpguploadfromtaptalk1359942686856.jpguploadfromtaptalk1359942704145.jpg

RAYZER

Update report!
Put some 1100-20's on!
They ride nice at 40 psi, and level the rig out some!
Now the wheels all match!
I took the rig on a 150 mile round trip over this past weekend to the Fl Bellview mvpa rally and spent two nights, the weather was great and a good time was had by all! sure was nice to be able to use the throne!
And,I figured that since this trailer ,somewhere along the way was dubed "Taj", I would go ahead and personalize it!
Hope you all approve!:)
uploadfromtaptalk1360642678610.jpgView attachment 410020uploadfromtaptalk1360642596875.jpg

Danger Ranger

Rayzer you slacker, paint those trailer wheels black! Hup hup!

It looks real good, nice work. I wouldn't put the xls on my trailer, but it does look really nice now that they all match. Is everything all up and running now?

agazza2

Rayzer, This is a Awesome thread on a RV conversion for the M146 that it inspired me to buy a M146 last week. Hope you do not mind using some of your ideas when I do my build out of the inside. You have a real talent for attention to detail. Thank you for keeping us all updated on the progress. The 11.00 x 20s look much better on this trailer. I will have to do the same thing or slightly taller if possible to get my trailer to level out some with the M931 and super singles. Keep up the good work.

RAYZER

Rayzer you slacker, paint those trailer wheels black! Hup hup!

It looks real good, nice work. I wouldn't put the xls on my trailer, but it does look really nice now that they all match. Is everything all up and running now?
Affirmative on the paint! Put them on 10 min before I pulled out on friday!
All plumbing up and running except for hot water, but I do have the water heater.
Next I'll be working on the 120v wiring.

ARYankee

Wow!!! That is extremely nice!!! It really does look like a room at the Marriot or something. You have raised the bar quite high with this :)