• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
11Echo - I understand that the answer to this question could vary from state to state, but do you need special permits for the setup in the picture you attached?

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
11Echo - I understand that the answer to this question could vary from state to state, but do you need special permits for the setup in the picture you attached?
I don't know the answer right off. I do believe you have to have a sign on the back. The unit as pictured did travel in multiple states.

Attachments

Jakelc15

Any vehicle requiring a cdl pulling two trailers requires doubles endorsement on your license. Federal DOT applies to all states. I plan to tow bar my Jeep behind my M348. My next license renewal I'm going to add doubles triples endorsement.

nchittendon

I've made it a point to read through this entire thread again.

You make a guy feel very insignificant and dumb. lol I wish I had your vision and skillset.

I'm the type that has the ability to follow directions and build whatever, but dreaming this stuff up and making it a reality on the fly is something I just cannot do.

I'll shut up now. Probably going to read starting at page one again.

RAYZER

I've made it a point to read through this entire thread again.

You make a guy feel very insignificant and dumb. lol I wish I had your vision and skillset.

I'm the type that has the ability to follow directions and build whatever, but dreaming this stuff up and making it a reality on the fly is something I just cannot do.

I'll shut up now. Probably going to read starting at page one again.
Come on now NC, don't sell yourself short!
Thankyou for the kind words.
To accomplish this, it took a whole bunch of time just sitting/laying and staring at it,.....and maybe some beer!
I wish you luck with your future build, you have a long read if your starting on page 1!

Fabricated and Installed the bottom ladder mounts on the back door, still figuring out the locking mechanism to keep it from bouncing out.
Getting it ready to make the Georgia Rally trip!uploadfromtaptalk1409533291544.jpguploadfromtaptalk1409533311007.jpg

Attachments

RAYZER

Two more Rallys attended since this thread was up last,
Ga Rally and the Fl military vehicle rally, about 1,100 miles all together!

RAYZER

So I've been working on an escape hatch just in case of an emergency and the need to get out of the rear area of the trailer fast, since the rear doors are blocked when the motorcycle is on the rack a quick exit there is not possible.
On the opposite side from the side door on the rear most side window I removed the screen and detached the screen frame upright and opening hardware.
Using a 2"- 6" long piece of aluminum channel to sandwich together the window assembly uprights together, and with enough tension so to keep the window pulled in tight.
One pull of the red handle releases the window and screen frame upright, pulling it away allows the window to be swung open without obstruction to the opening, allowing a head first departure! uploadfromtaptalk1418090675430.jpguploadfromtaptalk1418090714305.jpguploadfromtaptalk1418090769737.jpguploadfromtaptalk1418090795481.jpguploadfromtaptalk1418090813145.jpguploadfromtaptalk1418090999410.jpguploadfromtaptalk1418091061604.jpguploadfromtaptalk1418091169629.jpg

Last edited:

RAYZER

What have ya noticed that you'd do different or change? Anything? Have to admit your an inspiration for sure!

God bless
Tony
Thanks for your support Tony!
I don't think I'd change one thing, so far all systems and applications have functioned perfectly and held together for many miles of bouncing around!
I do have to upgrade the air conditioner to 12k btu, i should have gone larger in the beginning.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Thanks for your support Tony!
I don't think I'd change one thing, so far all systems and applications have functioned perfectly and held together for many miles of bouncing around!
I do have to upgrade the air conditioner to 12k btu, i should have gone larger in the beginning.
It is kinda hard to improve on perfection...ain't it?? MB loves the "taj" and she is a stickler...to say the least![thumbzup]