• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

RAYZER

My wife and I Just recently returned from a 10 day trip to the Ga rally with the Taj HQ, there was a great deal of preparation to get this rig finished and ready to go, im glad to say that the trip went perfectly and all systems worked flawlessly!
Before we left for the rally, 4 wheel cylinders on the m146 were rebuilt, the kitchen finished, all 120v wireing finished,all lp gas plumbing finished, and an adjustable motor bike carrier for my support enduro, (my design, my friends fabrication) this carrier allows me to carry other support materials, and im working on the idea to convert it into a back pourch when not in use.
3600 miles now logged with this trailer!uploadfromtaptalk1382231392417.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382231434683.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382231481086.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382231558906.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382231823895.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382231906651.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382232020652.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382232162503.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382231699169.jpguploadfromtaptalk1382231729044.jpg

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My friend Dave (who has a USAF power wagon) brought his Dad with him to the rally this year.

Bill flipped out over the M146 and talked about it all weekend. He was amazed at it's "dual personality" of Mil-spec on the outside and Taj-Mahal on the inside.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of these days, I have to schedule a tour of that trailer. Been up close to it many times, never seen the innards!

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gorgeous Rig and setup. How does the deuce handle the M146? Does it get bogged down on hills when towing it?

BobM

My friend Dave (who has a USAF power wagon) brought his Dad with him to the rally this year.

Bill flipped out over the M146 and talked about it all weekend. He was amazed at it's "dual personality" of Mil-spec on the outside and Taj-Mahal on the inside.

Well, then he joins the rest of us. That is one great rig and this is a great thread. I am one of the arm-chair quarterbacks that has followed your build. Thanks for sharing it with us. :-D

RAYZER

Thankyou clinto for responding to this thread, and thankyou for starting the ever so famous"Ga Rally"! This event, with all of the fine folks associated has been a huge inspiration to me, and is I think the main reason that I started this build.(not to mention it satisfies my OCD):D
Your friend "Dave" and his dad "Bill" are cool guys and i'm very honored that they were excited about the trailer!
This is the third year that I have made the 900 mile round trip to the Ga rally with the Taj in tow, and will continue to do so for as long as possible, i want to invite anyone wanting to take a look inside to please be my guest.
I think there has to be at least a hundred people that have taken the Taj tour, a third of them being non mv enthusiast's.
Actually clinto, I think you nailed the "duel personality" of this trailer on the head,see it on the outside and think "ok", walk inside and, you get the same reaction every time, a great big smile!
special Thanks to everyone that has responded to this thread to exspress ideas,indifference, praise and support. I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ray, when you go to GA do you take I-95? I went up I-75 this year and the hills sucked. I'm sticking with 95 from now on.

SLOrazorsedge

Ray, I see you dumped the NDT 9:00X20s and looks like you have 14.5X20s mounted up as duals? What do you think about singling out and flipping the wheels on the M146. I have MRAPs with 395X85R20s that I'll convert with peashooter's adapters. I have a M932A2 under the M146 as you know it has a fairly steep rake, It's either that or change out the NDTs for 11:00R20s which I have but I think I'll still have a significant rake. You'll never have enough weight in a M146 to over gross the axle tire combo. Thoughts?

RAYZER

Sl, those are 1100-20's on the trailer, I wanted the trailer tires to match the truck tires and even the trailer out some.
I think running duals vrs singles on a single axel trailer is safer. Im not sure if 395's will fit.

100acre

was going to but all those faces staring at me while i was conducting business would be creepy! so i came up with something more tastefull than my friends faces:razz:
This reminds me of;
Brown Spots on the walls, by Whothru Poo
or
Yellow Streams, by I.P. Daily
and finally
Race to the Outhouse, written by Willie Makit, illustrated by Betty Wont:naner:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks