• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M201b1 1962 revival.

irnworker433

So I finally have the winch all buttoned up...Whatta chore!! Feels good to fix something that was barely salvageable and needed alotta love!! It was a bitch getting the holes all back aligned aftyer it all was ripped apart by a huge tree.. Fender repairs underway also... One thing at a time;...... getting the winch fixed was a biggie..Next is getting the front fenders done.. Just rebuilt all the wheel cylinders this week also....Need to bleed.. Thanks for all the advise..it is truly appreciated..

Attachments

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I finally have the winch all buttoned up...Whatta chore!! Feels good to fix something that was barely salvageable and needed alotta love!! It was a bitch getting the holes all back aligned aftyer it all was ripped apart by a huge tree.. Fender repairs underway also... One thing at a time;...... getting the winch fixed was a biggie..Next is getting the front fenders done.. Just rebuilt all the wheel cylinders this week also....Need to bleed.. Thanks for all the advise..it is truly appreciated..
Darn impressive! Hat's off to ya!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Heck fire!! What in the blazes did you do "wrong" for goodness sake???? I got a deuce you can "practice" on!!!! WOW!
I was pretty impressed with @irnworker433 's work too. Don't know what it might look like under the top of that fender - but to me it looked as good as brand new!

irnworker433

Thanks again guys. The underside came out like the top. I’ll take a pic and post. I was thinking the same thing not to make it too good to match the rest of the truck. Doing bodywork isn’t as bad as I thought even w all the rust
Marchplumber bring that deuce on over and bring beverages. We’ll hook you up!!. I have the lights semi attached. So I didn’t have to drill more holes in fender I made one bracket to hold both the blackout lights from the side panel. Happy Friday guys!!

Attachments

irnworker433

How are things moving along??? Started the new body shop/winch repair shop yet?? Just checking, ya know....
We’ll Marchplumber thanks for askin!! Actually the last month or so I’ve just been able to finish up the drivers front fender repair and I think I have the brakes figgered out. Lost my father a few weeks ago and I was in CA. taking care of family stuff. I’m also ripping the carpet in my house and putting hardwood floors in. So my plate runneth over. I appreciate you asking and I’ll make sure to post more as soon as I start back up. Peace!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We’ll Marchplumber thanks for askin!! Actually the last month or so I’ve just been able to finish up the drivers front fender repair and I think I have the brakes figgered out. Lost my father a few weeks ago and I was in CA. taking care of family stuff. I’m also ripping the carpet in my house and putting hardwood floors in. So my plate runneth over. I appreciate you asking and I’ll make sure to post more as soon as I start back up. Peace!
Sad to hear about your dad.
He is resting peacefully now, watching you and your projects.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heres a shot after putting on new shoes. The only progress in a bit. A pricey one at that.. Im not sure itll be on the road this summer..Still too much to do and spend to make it streetable. Patience is not my virtue.
Patience?? Is there such a thing??

Shoes look good on her....

You're attention to detail is an admirable quality......as is your patience.......

Keep the updates coming.....

irnworker433

Both front fenders buttoned up, addressing the hood is next. It has a good whack in the front. The truck was missing all blackout lights. Installed those and made brackets so they arent attached to fender anymore. Less holes in it the better? The front grill was missing also. Decided to fab another, its a little different than original but its beefier and looks pretty close.. Starting to get into the fuel system front to back. It runs for a few seconds then quits. Using gas can on fender trick. Those kinds of things are out of my comfort zone. Not a mechanic at all. I shall do my best!! Progress.. One pic is the underside of fender.

Attachments

irnworker433

Both front fenders buttoned up, addressing the hood is next. It has a good whack in the front. The truck was missing all blackout lights. Installed those and made brackets so they arent attached to fender anymore. Less holes in it the better? The front grill was missing also. Had to fab another, its a little different than original but its beefier and looks pretty close.. Starting to get into the fuel system front to back. It runs for a few seconds then quits. Using gas can on fender trick. Those kinds of things are out of my comfort zone. Not a mechanic at all. I shall do my best!! Progress..

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Both front fenders buttoned up, addressing the hood is next. It has a good whack in the front. The truck was missing all blackout lights. Installed those and made brackets so they arent attached to fender anymore. Less holes in it the better? The front grill was missing also. Decided to fab another, its a little different than original but its beefier and looks pretty close.. Starting to get into the fuel system front to back. It runs for a few seconds then quits. Using gas can on fender trick. Those kinds of things are out of my comfort zone. Not a mechanic at all. I shall do my best!! Progress.. One pic is the underside of fender.
I know welding isn't normally talked about like guys would normally talk about a woman - but DANG!
That really is some gorgeous metal working. That grill is nicely made too.

Keep us posted with your progress.
It sure looks mighty fine to me!

irnworker433

Thanks A bunch Mullaney! I was hoping to drive it at least once this summer but that ain’t happening. Gosh dang stuff is expensive these days. Tires wiped out my budget for a while. But fixing rust is free!! It is registered insured now. It was a bit of a hassle but a cpl trips to dmv and all is well!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks