• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M342a2

Bjt1969

I was wondering if anyone had advice on what a M342A2 in decent working condition is worth. The truck overall is decent but it does have some rust. It also is in need of some brake work. I don't necessarily need to sell it but I have a guy who wants to trade me a M35A2 drop side cargo that is in very good condition for it. I will try to post pictures of the dump as soon as I can.

Thanks

Brian

Crush36

Hello gentlemen,

New member here. Joined about a month ago. Bought by first M35A2 with the M105A2 . I was trying to make a post to introduce my self but I can't find out how to make a post. Can anyone help?

gunboy1656

There was one on ebay that ended last week had a buy it now for 12.5K. Disclaimer it was a clean truck and being sold by one of the big dealers who advertise on here.

I have never seen a M342 go cheap as there are not as many of them as say the 5 ton counter part

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One sold recently on CL near here. They were asking $8500 for it and it wasn't in great shape, maybe a 7 out of 10. Seeing as similar condition m35 trucks are going for $2500-4000 here, that is 2-3 times the price for the dump. Your mileage may vary.

Like all things it depends on what someone is willing to pay.

Personally unless the m35 was dang near perfect with tons of options or accessories, I wouldn't do a straight up trade. But that is me and my thoughts. It is all about your needs for the truck and how you feel about it. Either way, I would love to see pics of your dump truck!

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is not an intentional Hijack, but related to the OP's question - How many M342 (A2) s are still out there?
This could help determine rarity and establish value. (and it is something I have often wondered about.)

I will start a list. If you have one or know of one, please respond to this thread or pm me if you like.
Feel free to correct me if I have made an error or these trucks have changed owners.

Junkyard Wars Crusher (KY) - '66 Kaiser-Jeep
11Echo (OH)
MHassett (LA)
bjt1969 (WA)
zak (MI)
98hd (WI,MI)
ncdeuce (NC)
John Winslow -RIP (NC)
Hasson1911 (MN)
res0wc18 (WA) sold?
Red Neck (CT)
Eastern Surplus - Vendor (PA)
TNJ Murray - Vendor (DE)
Jim Henry - Vendor (NC)
SECO - Vendor (GA) x3

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well M342 owners, I just brought home troop seat racks for your trucks. Who needs a pair? Brand new on a pallet! PM for info or look for my classified coming soon.

98hd

Well M342 owners, I just brought home troop seat racks for your trucks. Who needs a pair? Brand new on a pallet! PM for info or look for my classified coming soon.
How much? I'm headed to Lockbourne soon to get some 395's for mine. Not that I want to spend more money after buying tires, but I've never seen a set of troop seats for sale. PM me if you'd like.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is not an intentional Hijack, but related to the OP's question - How many M342 (A2) s are still out there?
This could help determine rarity and establish value. (and it is something I have often wondered about.)

I will start a list. If you have one or know of one, please respond to this thread or pm me if you like.
Feel free to correct me if I have made an error or these trucks have changed owners.

Junkyard Wars Crusher (KY) - '66 Kaiser-Jeep
11Echo (OH)
MHassett (LA)
bjt1969 (WA)
zak (MI)
98hd (WI,MI)
ncdeuce (NC)
John Winslow -RIP (NC)
Hasson1911 (MN)
res0wc18 (WA) sold?
Red Neck (CT)
Eastern Surplus - Vendor (PA)
TNJ Murray - Vendor (DE)
Jim Henry - Vendor (NC)
SECO in Augusta has 3 in the yard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks