• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M348 Camper conversion

Jakelc15

Thanks, I have mirrors to go in the side cabinets and wood panels for the overheads. I have to special order the drawer slides for the drawers in the night stands. I'm using the self closing type, they seem to be staying closed while on the road. About 800 miles on the kitchen slides and they haven't fell apart. There are USB charger ports in both night stands and I have lights to mount under each corner cabinet.
These trailers ride a little rougher than an rv. I take a lot of back roads, some are even dirt. Pa roads are not the nicest anyway.

Jakelc15

Outside table. All aluminium. Now I don't have to pack the plastic fold up table. This will eventually be stored slid under the storage box which is my next project.
uploadfromtaptalk1447521281793.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1447521576912.jpg

Jakelc15

Started on the storage box. The table was definitely easier to make. There's something about working under the trailer that wears me out twice as fast as normal. I broke my rivet gun, now I have to push the jaws in with my finger after every squeeze. Yuengling time!
uploadfromtaptalk1448144819701.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1448144921208.jpg

RAYZER

The problem with most locking handles is they lock and unlock only from the outside.
I did install a locking door handle to upgrade the old one and installed a separate dead bolt (copied, not my idea) for the ability to lock from the inside, now I can double lock from the outside or lock someone in!
uploadfromtaptalk1448205289407.jpguploadfromtaptalk1448205315019.jpg

Jakelc15

I'm going to copy your copied dead bolt! I bought the garage door dead bolt about a year ago. The door is too thick so I finally got an extension piece to try to make it work. Maybe I'll start on that after the game. GO EAGLES!

Jakelc15

Trailer hitch. Welded on a 2" receiver today. I plan to use this with a rack to haul firewood and possibly a bike rack for the kids bikes.

uploadfromtaptalk1456009996489.jpg

Found a leak in the roof today. Ice must have pushed up the solar panel mount. It was dripping out of a screw hole into the sink. Not sure how long it's been leaking because it never left a mess!

Jakelc15

Thanks. Still a work in progress but this is first weekend that hasn't been below freezing in a while. Getting ready for Rausch Creek rally

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trailer hitch. Welded on a 2" receiver today. I plan to use this with a rack to haul firewood and possibly a bike rack for the kids bikes.

View attachment 609422

Found a leak in the roof today. Ice must have pushed up the solar panel mount. It was dripping out of a screw hole into the sink. Not sure how long it's been leaking because it never left a mess!
Whenever I see a hitch inside of a boxed bumper, I see fingers being amputated. I know someone that at a 1980s truck that had that style of bumper, and the cargo shifted on the trailer so that the trailer popped up when he reached in to unlock the hitch. It basically cut off his index finger.

I know this situation is very unlikely. Secondly, you don't reach over the hitch to pull the locking pin on a military hitch like you would with a normal ball hitch set up. Just wanted to give you a heads up.

Jakelc15

I doubt I'll have that kind of mishap just because of the way I intend to use it. The 2" receiver tube is under the boxed section. It will probably never type anything, just have a rack mounted to haul firewood or a generator. I may flat tow my Jeep behind it but that will connect to the pintle in the box.

Jakelc15

My last 6tl or 6tm batteries only had 120 amp hour. 230 per battery sure would be nice though.
I'm using group 31 batteries because of the price. I got a good deal on some. Currently have 4 under the trailer. There is room for six but haven't ran out of power yet. Also haven't boondocked for more than 2 nights in a row. If the suns out I can run anything I want and the batteries stay charged.

Jakelc15

Made a spot for the stinky slinky. I wanted to keep it away from everything else. It's a PVC fence post with a PVC gutter inside. Slides in and out.
uploadfromtaptalk1458169917155.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458169938507.jpg

Also put in an outdoor shower. A little plumbing left to do.
uploadfromtaptalk1458169985831.jpg

Jakelc15

My wife put some sheets on the dinette cushions today because we didn't think the fabric would be in before the Rausch Creek rally. After she was done, she found a bolt of fabric had been delivered at the front door.
uploadfromtaptalk1458170566993.jpg

RAYZER

Nice job jake!
And exelent idea on the sewage hose storage, the slide in tray looks like it makes it much easier to get that giant slinky in the tube!
I just picked up one of these flojet masserators!
uploadfromtaptalk1458174669131.jpg

Jakelc15

Nice. The macerator is the way to go. I drained my tanks last fall at my house and wish I had one. Those 3" stretchy hoses don't reach as far as advertised. I ended up backing the trailer into the yard and making ruts. The throttle spring broke on my truck that evening also. Tapped the throttle and the pedal dropped to the floor. That was exciting!

Jakelc15

Thanks. She doesn't sew. All we are doing is stretching the fabric over 1/4" plywood and stapling it. Works for the M809 and M35. I'm not sure how the M923 seats are made.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks