• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 gasser cost estimate

dmetalmiki

Nice looking orriginal truck. A good project and save. Keeps us informed of progress with pictures. Body width difference is 8 inches, so your plan should work ok. Google it ( wickepedia) for exact specifications of both trucks.

Last edited:

Kaiser67M715

yeah, Wiki says 8 ft, did find 1 reference to 7'6", so it should work well enough. big truck and a snow filled yard to find room to park for rest of winter sure does make it tricky

rflegal

Nice find. I have the M36 gasser, long bed version of yours, and it's air force blue too.
Saving one of these earns you a place on the MV honor roll IMHO.
Gassers are fun, but parts can be hard to come by and pricey.
Some of the manuals are still available on ebay; you may struggle to find engine references but they are out there. Get a TM-8022 if you can find one.
Most of the other systems are same as the multi's. Just remember the different shift pattern on tranny:).
It should have a sprag transfer, but may have had an airshift transplant at sometime.

If you are as bad as I am, soon you will have a whole rack full of spares; I pick up anything gasser related when I can.
Search G-742 for gasser stuff. You can still pick up a clutch disc on ebay; almost everything forward of the tranny is different than a multi.
If you see an engine gasket set anywhere, pick it up; they're fairly rare and make good patterns. Extra head gaskets too.
Shoot me a PM if you have any gasser Q's. My M36 is the only rig I have that gets worse mileage than my V-10 Excursion. I have to wait for payday to fill one or the other up.
Welcome to the gasser club.

Bob

Kaiser67M715

he actually has a bunch of TM's for it, 2 maybe three are definitely specific to the Gas engine models
and I am all to familiar with raritys in some of these older MV's, My M715 has military specific parts, that are sometimes hard to find, especially since it was a 3 year only truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks