• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35 gasser cost estimate

dmetalmiki

Nice looking orriginal truck. A good project and save. Keeps us informed of progress with pictures. Body width difference is 8 inches, so your plan should work ok. Google it ( wickepedia) for exact specifications of both trucks.

Last edited:

Kaiser67M715

yeah, Wiki says 8 ft, did find 1 reference to 7'6", so it should work well enough. big truck and a snow filled yard to find room to park for rest of winter sure does make it tricky

rflegal

Nice find. I have the M36 gasser, long bed version of yours, and it's air force blue too.
Saving one of these earns you a place on the MV honor roll IMHO.
Gassers are fun, but parts can be hard to come by and pricey.
Some of the manuals are still available on ebay; you may struggle to find engine references but they are out there. Get a TM-8022 if you can find one.
Most of the other systems are same as the multi's. Just remember the different shift pattern on tranny:).
It should have a sprag transfer, but may have had an airshift transplant at sometime.

If you are as bad as I am, soon you will have a whole rack full of spares; I pick up anything gasser related when I can.
Search G-742 for gasser stuff. You can still pick up a clutch disc on ebay; almost everything forward of the tranny is different than a multi.
If you see an engine gasket set anywhere, pick it up; they're fairly rare and make good patterns. Extra head gaskets too.
Shoot me a PM if you have any gasser Q's. My M36 is the only rig I have that gets worse mileage than my V-10 Excursion. I have to wait for payday to fill one or the other up.
Welcome to the gasser club.

Bob

Kaiser67M715

he actually has a bunch of TM's for it, 2 maybe three are definitely specific to the Gas engine models
and I am all to familiar with raritys in some of these older MV's, My M715 has military specific parts, that are sometimes hard to find, especially since it was a 3 year only truck